W124 E300D - Front damage

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MGP5Y

Car
E300D
My darling wife hit a deer head on at 60MPH and did a fair bit a damage to my then immaculate W124...the deer didn't do so well. (Oh dear!) I'm after the main engine rad which also takes the cooling for the auto box plus the air-con condensor. Both brand new from Mercedes are around £600 so I'm here snuffling around for 2nd hand parts if they exist. Also, although one of the headlights socket popped only one spot weld I'm having trouble getting the bonnet to close properly so I'm sure something is out of line. I've taken copious pictures from all angles ready to take some measurements, but I've nothing to check it out with. Does anyone know how I can obtain the measurements to readjust my front end or does anyone live near SG11xxx who would be kind enough to come over so that I can take measurements? Tea or coffee would be provided!
Thanks
Mike

Last edited:
Doh - a deer!

A female deer? (I'll stop now)

Pre or post facelift?

Last edited:
I have a condensor rad. However, it is from a car which had the aftermarket dealer fitted aircon. It may or may not be the same and I can take pics and measurements if you want. Since you only have five posts you won't be able to use the PM system.

Contact me here... [email protected]

No it was a stag with full antlers - about 150 +pounds! I'll not comment further !!
It's a 1993 so a first facelift.

I haven't a radiator, nor am I reliable on measurements, but I am going to be coming back from Newmarket via the M11 next Sunday afternoon, and happy to let you measure my 1995 coupe front, if that is of any use.

DRUK, it's an after market setup although you wouldn't realise it as it's correctly listed and shown in the owner's manual. There is a serial number which is still listed as a Merc part: 124 830 1978 It aslo says "Valeo 0127" and 0492 211 262" if that helps? I'll take some picture of the original and send to you in the morning. Thanks, I really appreciate you coming back to me. My email address is [email protected]

Mike

Charles, I'm not sure if the coupe's the same front end? I know it does look similar. You're welcome to drive past. I'm on the A120 near the A10....

I think it is, but hopefully someone more knowledgeable can confirm before next weekend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom