W124 E320 twin turbo Cabriolet

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'd keep the Carlsson alloys on it, nice to see something other than monoblocks fitted to the 124.

It's been on the market for absolutely ages. Chesham has some very odd sellers in my experience!

its been reduced from £12995 iirc.
i am tempted, but why hasnt it sold?

Without seeing it and looking for serious corrosion, I'd say that was good value at around that price. It may be missing history which would affect price too?

I went to school in Beaconsfield back then. Used to pop into Hughes now and again and drool.

Original Lotec low milage with Garrett turbo 79000km FSH MB compare 144000 miles/ 240000 km you compare. Plus Lotec is approval by Mercedes in the 90s and TUV approve.
Including AMG redone originally the body and suspension, wheels AERO II with brand new
Bridgestone Potenza tyres. Imported LHD from where Germany, yes LOTEC and AMG not some where Beaconsfield. Sorry but is Mercedes

Just start the engine tomorrow when get up to normal temperature check the oil pressure on low rumps and then you can compare on that millage engine.

Original Lotec low milage with Garrett turbo 79000km FSH MB compare 144000 miles/ 240000 km you compare. Plus Lotec is approval by Mercedes in the 90s and TUV approve.
Including AMG redone originally the body and suspension, wheels AERO II with brand new
Bridgestone Potenza tyres. Imported LHD from where Germany, yes LOTEC and AMG not some where Beaconsfield. Sorry but is Mercedes

Is this the same "some where Beaconsfeild" you asked about being able to service your Lotec in future?

Hughes of Beaconsfeild carried out these conversion's in partnership with turbo technics, they were a well known conversion and were good enough to be covered by a Mercedes warranty. Hughes also offered a special suspension package for these car's which imho was a better setup than AMG, some also came with bodywork modification's similar to yours.

It's a shame Jhon Pearson has retired from Hughes, he kept alot of the original brochures and info on just what Hughes offered for the w124. It was much more than just the twin turbo setup's they became known for.

Last edited:
Sorry, I could agree with all what you said but better than AMG in aspect of engineering?
Or could they done similar as this one:
Incredible 1,000bhp one-off Merc for sale

same Garrett turbo charger use in my car. Kurt Lotterschmid is a legend.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotec

Better than AMG in terms of handling, for instance much less body roll and better damping than AMG.

Your asking if Turbo Technics could get 1000hp from an old m117 with an unlimited budget? :doh:

Your car might have a Garret turbo fitted, but it is not the same unit as fitted to the c1000.

I like Lotec's work just as much as you, but owning a Lotec is not a reason to go knocking Hughes or Turbo Technics. Or even Mosselman and Albrex.

Last edited:
Imported LHD 4 door v RHD Cab. No contest.

I totally agre. Why even make the comparison between a 4 door LHD Saloon and a 2 door RHD convertible??

Besides both of them being blown conversions, there is no comparsion...

If some one was on the lookout for one, I doubt they would be on the lookout for the other...

The problem with the Lotec saloon is one that, people are always likely to say why bother?... With it being LHD, 4 doors and a hotted up version, why not go for a E500 in the first place?....

Whereas with the Cabriolet, it kinda makes more sense, as there wasnt a V8 version on offer when new and i suspect the cost of converting would be/have been too cost prohibitive....So this kinda makes it a cool car...in that its a fast(er) W124 Cabriolet....

Of course this is all imo...;)

I will agree with all that but 144000 miles compare 79000 km. Just not ever close.

Though I will admit that I personally prefer the manual gearbox in the Lotec. :thumb:

I will agree with all that but 144000 miles compare 79000 km. Just not ever close.

I dont think anyone made the distinction between 144k miles and 79k km either.... It goes without saying which mileage is more desirable....

I dont think anyone made the distinction between 144k miles and 79k km either.... It goes without saying which mileage is more desirable....

The lower mileage is more desirable but I know which one I would go for ;)

Not far from me. Good colour, too. I'm beginning to wonder if I should give up on the R129 and go and see it; I'm a bit sick of fettling at the moment...

The most obvious downside for me (assuming it's mechanically sound and everything works) would be the lack of a hardtop, because my cars stand outdoors all year round.

Must...Resist... Quick, somebody, hit me with the sensible stick. Again! HARDER!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom