W124 E36 Cab - £13,990

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

500E

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 E500 Limited / 2008 C63 AMG
E36 AMG CAB

Very rare vehicle! Has even got the original AMG bodykit which some dont have. Looks very nice, but miles high at 134k?

Very nice and yes extremly rare, although I dont know if its just me but the alloys look fake. Also noticed that the mini wiper arm on the headlamp also needs adjusting

Not sure, although they do look a little different. Car looks to have had some paintwork, the chrome stripes and bumper chrome have been painted over.

Tourmaline on cream is a really nice colour combination.

Also noticed that the mini wiper arm on the headlamp also needs adjusting

I absolutely hate that! :mad: Especially when it only takes 2 minutes to rectify. Seeing it puts me right off.

End of rant...... :D

I absolutely hate that! :mad: Especially when it only takes 2 minutes to rectify. Seeing it puts me right off.

End of rant...... :D

You fail to realise that its not the wiper that needs adjustment but the motor relay. The next time you use the wipers 9/10 times they will sit back in the proper place.

I have yet to own a W124/W126/W140 that doesn't suffer from the same problem.

Is this a fault of the relay or the switch inside the motor gearbox?

Not sure, although they do look a little different. Car looks to have had some paintwork, the chrome stripes and bumper chrome have been painted over.

They wheels are certainly replica's.
As for the paint work, a w124 factory fitted with an AMG body kit is de-chromed.

You fail to realise that its not the wiper that needs adjustment but the motor relay. The next time you use the wipers 9/10 times they will sit back in the proper place.

I have yet to own a W124/W126/W140 that doesn't suffer from the same problem.

Yes, I have to agree that sometimes the don't return properly, but usually it is only by about 10 or 12 mm.

And no matter what the problem is, if you are trying to sell a car, especially at THAT price, the least you could do is make sure everything is straight, and knowing that this can happen it would be one of my first things to check

It just looks sloppy, and it still puts me off! :(

What really angered me is the way the owner has completely blocked off the footpath. I'm afraid I can't stand folks like that.

Mega rant:mad: :mad:

John

Maybe that's why the wiper is out of alignment. A blind person stumbled into the car..:rolleyes:

Yes, I have to agree that sometimes the don't return properly, but usually it is only by about 10 or 12 mm.

My V140 had them and every one out of two times the wiper would be stuck in the fully upright position. They would return to normal next time you used them (most of the time).

Merc quoted me well over 300 quid for a replacement motor+labour.

Is this a fault of the relay or the switch inside the motor gearbox?

Not sure, i've been told its a relay but can't comment 100%.

I don't use them, just in case they get stuck!

What really angered me is the way the owner has completely blocked off the footpath. I'm afraid I can't stand folks like that.

Mega rant:mad: :mad:

John

I quite agree John! I was going to mention that fact but I thought I had already moaned enough. Actually by the looks of it, it looks like a Cycle/Footpath. It would serve him right if a wobbly Cyclist tried to squeeze by and..... "Ooops!" :devil:

Better not go there. :eek:

Not sure, i've been told its a relay but can't comment 100%.

I don't use them, just in case they get stuck!

To be honest I try not to, but forget sometimes at night and use the Windscreen wash/wipe....... Oh bugger! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom