W124 E500 gibberish

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
:doh:

Very poor ad .

"small dent on the boot, painted under - no rust, new gearbox, new radiator, heated silver leather seats, aircon, MOT 6 months, road tax 1 onths, ££ spent on it, second owner UK, good, one season tires, AMG wheels - Mercedes-Benz 500 SEL mit AMG Felgen poliert, Hammer Anlage... | eBay - that's some similar ones for sale in Germany. Old timer, Porshe built. DAS AUTO! for someone who knows what is it. Right price for right buyer. If you wan't fast car for 8K - get your self M3, 5.5AMG, R32.. Investment - sadly, it has to go to new home. Check my other items - you might be interested."

Roughly translated - please buy my sh1t car, oh and I think it's got a small dent on the boot too

As articulate as a lorry, but I think he's saying that this is a viable alternative to a Porsche, AMG, BMW, Audi, GTR or Impreza, or at least that it might appeal to people who want one of those; to mucked-about Impreza fans, perhaps; it might well appeal to people who don't know which way round to wear a baseball cap...... but it's bid to £5K already :eek:

Anybody want to start a book on how long after it's 'sold' it will be back on eBay?

Anybody want to start a book on how long after it's 'sold' it will be back on eBay?

It's been on ebay for a few months though

John Jones Jr said:
= Very poor car?

Most likely ,hence....

d w124 said:
It's been on ebay for a few months though

Saying that , if you want rarerity and a small project to help reduce your bank balance , then go and see it.

Most likely ,hence....

Sadly, I think without doubt. I'd say the bare minimum was spent on maintaining that by the current owner. Bar of course the 'bling' (that's the nicest way I can put it) rear lights and cheapo, cheapo tyres.

If they can't be ****d to write an advert, what else can't they be ****d to do - Servicing? Maintainence...? They couldn't even put an 'r' on the end of 'M Power'...

Looking sweet to me
Are we buying cars or the add?
Go and see it lol

I agree. If I was interested in this, I'd want to check it out and not require a cv from the seller. Are we saying that, when buying a car, one of the priorities is a good salesman? :confused:

I agree. If I was interested in this, I'd want to check it out and not require a cv from the seller. Are we saying that, when buying a car, one of the priorities is a good salesman? :confused:

Yes, but this is MBClub for old whingers. The latest rule is that you MUST criticise anyone at every opportunity...it's the Law...

The car looks alright to me, if I wanted one, I would go and look at that one, for sure.

Good on you for feeling optimistic :thumb: and better again, there is actually a C.V., albeit a very short one. :D

Mother of god, sorry what?

Holy Cow, it's up to £6.6k. There's a whole sub-culture out there that I wot not of. The more I see on here, the more I realise how narrow my world vision - well, car world vision - is. "Spotted on eBay" forum as the road to enlightenment, anybody? Om Om Om Om Om Om.....

Just bought this. Hope it's half decent as I didn't view before pulling the trigger.

Expecting it to need some work doing.

But the seller said it runs well and has had gearbox work. Alloys will be rebuilt in MB silver and wrapped in Michelin super sports. Anything the car needs will be replaced and any paintwork done. My PP will also go on.

Now I just need to shift the M3!

Cheers
Bill

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom