w124 E500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Wasn't this the car previously at Classic Benz?

Think this used to be owned by Vlad , member here, back in the day.

Then there was a bit of a story behind it. Owner after Vlad (i think) also had a 124 Cabrio, to which along with the E500, he had left with a dealer on consignment as he moved to Singapore. Dealer then went bust and both cars went missing for a bit IRCC. I can't recall the outcome but the E500 resurfaced at Charles Ironside a year after the saga.

And now with a bit more mileage at WDM. :rolleyes:

Won't it need a new speedo to pass an MOT ?

5,600 miles a year from new high miler?, 23 year old car with the history,not a jap import either if that matters,bought new in Berlin and imported to UK in 1997

a bit more mileage? owner used it ?

speedo is ok as has KM/miles

speedo is ok as has KM/miles

I know Im due a visit to specsavers but

media.jpg

Yes, my old car.

Previous owner to me was a Japanese guy running the European HQ of large well know Japanese Company. He was returning to Japan and couldn't take the car with him.

He looked after the car religiously. Just before I took it on, he had had the wiring harness replaced when it shorted out, which in turn fried both ECU's. Bill back then was £3,500. Ran very well whilst I had it

Good to see its still original and hasn't been got at!!!

Nice car, used to live down the road to me! Distinctive number plate.

How can you see the tyre brand from here :O

Agreed though a car with this sort of power should be on decent tyres. When mine was MOT'd when it came to the UK they replaced the Bridgestone's with Triangles :wallbash:

Just realised this is a 1992. So it's been facelifted to an E500? But it's an L reg so i'd expect it to be a 1993/1994? It's more like a 1993 I think.

Also looks like it's got the correct E500 lenses which is a good thing. Doesn't have the speaker fader which nearly all of them do and looks like it's got various alarms etc drilled into the centre console wood. Easy enough to replace this part with a new one from MB.

Nice Becker head unit !

speaker fader was ditched on facelifted cars 1993/94 .

Not at that price with ditch finders! Really cheap tyres always tells you something.

there Pirelli ?

That car is not facelifted it left the factory as is

the L plate is a private plate, because it was imported in 1997 its allowed

:rolleyes:

Not on the CL500 I was quoting from C43AMGs link - they're clearly Autogrip.

Dash - I'll join you in the queue for Specsavers!

there Pirelli ?

That car is not facelifted it left the factory as is

the L plate is a private plate, because it was imported in 1997 its allowed

:rolleyes:

Then it's a 1993 not a 1992 as per your ad. Check by vin to be sure.

As you said looking forward to meeting you at 124 day,you can point out anything you missed then,

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom