W124 E60 AMG £20k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
exciting thread :rock:

Thats pretty quick shipping, even I could live with that! Ok we will talk further.

We can talk - however the car is not moving with the offer You made. I have indicated that I can split the shipping and that's it. I just want to make sure that we are on the same page.

If You are serious we can continue the discussion over email / phone.

930;

Honest description

Great car

Ask your price, stick with it

Dont let the often varied opinon on this forum get the better of you!

Best of luck with your sale

Just double check for various port handling fees at either end. I'd assume the £800 is just the shipping fee and not the handling at either end or the documentation.

Let's stop assuming :)

As per the shipping company this includes all costs in both ends. I will receive an offer letter from them shortly so I can post it here so we can end the speculation about shipping costs.

Let's stop assuming :)

As per the shipping company this includes all costs in both ends. I will receive an offer letter from them shortly so I can post it here so we can end the speculation about shipping costs.

It is perfectly acceptable to suggest checking what is and what is not included in the price you gave. I am sure, however, that if the £800 is the freight cost, then there will be other charges to add on top. Having worked in a port, albeit many years ago, I know that my suggestion to look closer is correct.

Let's stop assuming
smile.gif

Remember, don't over do it. :p

It is perfectly acceptable to suggest checking what is and what is not included in the price you gave. I am sure, however, that if the £800 is the freight cost, then there will be other charges to add on top. Having worked in a port, albeit many years ago, I know that my suggestion to look closer is correct.

930, see what I mean ?! :bannana:

930;

Honest description

Great car

Ask your price, stick with it

Dont let the often varied opinon on this forum get the better of you!

Best of luck with your sale

+1:thumb:

Here's the official offer from the shipping line as per what I have said. There are no gate fees at Tilbury end and there is no documentation cost as per the shipping line. BAF is currently 63.3% it will go down to 57.9% w.e.f 13.11.

Customs clearance is something which either the person has to do himself or pay for someone to do for him. It's basically filing in a few papers and I wouldn't personally pay for anyone to do that but each to their own.

So to remind the total cost is: 515 EUR plus BAF 57.7% (fuel surcharge 57.7% after 13th of Nov, currently 63.3%) + VAT 23% = 1000.21 EUR = 801.41 GBP

Transfennica1.png

Transfennica2.png

Last edited:
i have been following this thread/post with interest and i hope Jay does buy this as im sure it will be cleaned up and look great.

I have imported 3 cars from Japan. so im familiar with the process however not when a car comes from Finland but when the car lands in the UK there could be duty and VAT to pay. if so, it was (when i imported them) 10% duty on the price of the car and the cost of shipping and then 17.5% Vat on the total of those amounts

not sure if this helps, just my experience.

good luck with the sale, lovely car

Could be right there Michael - i was speaking to the chap who MOT's my bikes and he imports Harley's from the US. He has just shipped one over and paid 6% duty on the price of the bike and then 20% VAT on top of that.

If is coming from an EU country you don`t have to pay anything

i have been following this thread/post with interest and i hope Jay does buy this as im sure it will be cleaned up and look great.

I have imported 3 cars from Japan. so im familiar with the process however not when a car comes from Finland but when the car lands in the UK there could be duty and VAT to pay. if so, it was (when i imported them) 10% duty on the price of the car and the cost of shipping and then 17.5% Vat on the total of those amounts

not sure if this helps, just my experience.

good luck with the sale, lovely car

Copy paste from the advert @ carandclassic.co.uk site (1st link on this thread also):

"Asking price is 25k eur (approx. 20k GBP) which includes customs duties and VAT paid in Finland i.e. should be good for any EU-country. If Your country has any car tax which needs to be paid on top of the price this is not included but You need to take care of this".

If is coming from an EU country you don`t have to pay anything

Correct!

"Asking price is 25k eur (approx. 20k GBP) which includes customs duties and VAT paid in Finland i.e. should be good for any EU-country. If Your country has any car tax which needs to be paid on top of the price this is not included but You need to take care of this"

And correct! All you need to pay is the DVLA reg fee, Road Tax and MOT. Oh and headlamp conversion along with Speedo in MPH.

Correct!

And correct! All you need to pay is the DVLA reg fee, Road Tax and MOT. Oh and headlamp conversion along with Speedo in MPH.

You will also need to change the rear RHS bulb panel to a UK w124 version which has the fog light slot. For MOT, the rear fog light must be on the UK offside.

Your MOT centre may also require the side repeaters on the wing....some will treat the front turn lamps as adequate but some may not. If not, that means drilling the right holes and running the wiring properly. It takes guts to hit those expensive front wings with the dremel !

talbir

May not need headlamp conversion if its from Japan..

Good point! As with side repeaters (visible from the ad ) and hopefully rear fog already switched to the right (uk offside), as Talbir rightly informed. Speedo also get away-able depending on how meticulous the DVLA clerk is (don't ask how i know), but of course down to individual if MPH is preferred.

Jay, now go and buy it! :D:bannana:

Last edited:
Good point! As with side repeaters (visible from the ad ) and hopefully rear fog already switched to the right (uk offside), as Talbir rightly informed. Speedo also get away-able depending on how meticulous the DVLA clerk is (don't ask how i know), but of course down to individual if MPH is preferred.

yep i can confirm this

i imported 3 Nissan Figaros from Japan (wife loved them) on my 3rd and final import the clerk in the dvla office made me transport the car to the license office to inspect it and insisted it must have speedo changed to MPH

i said to her " but i didnt have to do this on the first 2" she just said well its up to me if i want it and i do"

what a load of non sense :wallbash:

This thing is sold now and I got pretty close what I wanted. And for those who were wondering - destination is not UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom