W124 eight hole wheels

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smoothcoupe

Car
MERCEDES E55K-2001 AUDI S8-MERCEDES 300CE 24V SPORTLINE
Can anyone tell me if there are the eighthole alloys available for the 124 in a bigger size preferably 17" original or aftermarket. Thanks

Original no but i`m sure I`ve seen some replica ones

The closest you can get to 17" 8-holes is some Brabus monoblock III's, these are very similar to the original MB 8 hole design but in a larger size..... I seen them all the way up to 19's, & when that big they look stunning on a W140.....

Last edited:
16x7.5 et 41 from the W210 model E class.

B6 47 0089

they had 215/55 tyres on them as standard

I have these on my coupe, very happy with them

so you have have upped the gearing by about 2.5% ?
has it made any difference, :dk: . I think the C124's are undergeared [ mines a 4 speed ] I think about 7 or 8% would be about right and would make the speedo more accurate too

so you have have upped the gearing by about 2.5% ?
has it made any difference, :dk: . I think the C124's are undergeared [ mines a 4 speed ] I think about 7 or 8% would be about right and would make the speedo more accurate too

I would agree, i drove back from the london GTG this month and comparing with the Satnav the speedo was slightly faster by 1-2mph at around 80mph at lower speeds it was very difficult to tell. This i feel is more than acceptable and I know when I glance at the speedo i am more or less looking at an accurate reading.

I checked my speedo with one of those signs that flash your speed [in yellow if its under limit with a smiley :) and in red :mad: if its over ] which are supposed to be accurate and i reckon the speedo is optimistic by about 5%. I run 205 60 on original 15" 8 holes and if I changed to 205 65 15 when I need new tyres it would up the gearing by 3.2% but I,m not sure if it would do anything else, like confuse the abs or adversley affect the handling :dk:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom