W124 Electric Aerial,GSF??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dee-124CAB

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs Mercs Mercs....
Hi guys, can anyone tell me if the Electric Aerial that GSF lists as M89250 (part number), is the correct one for my Facelift E220 cabriolet....

Iv tried various searches on the forum for old threads, but was not able to come with a conclusive result for my question...

Has anyone bought one of these & fitted one?

Also has anyone fitted one of these to a cabriolet? I have opened up the boot & access to the electric aerial unit seems restricted due to part of the electric hood mechanism being in the way....

Any advice & experiences would be much appreciated.

Cheers Dee

Have you asked GSF? There is also a fitting kit: M89251.

The Hirschmann aerial sold by Euro Car Parts for your car has a zero at the end of its ECP part number, so is OEM quality. I bet the GSF item is the same.

If you're going to throw away the old Hirschmann I'll pay postage if you want to send it to me. I can use it for parts

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

The guys at GSF have said the aerial is a Hirschmann & will fit a w124 from 88-95, just want to make sure its definitely going to fit my car, as I have heard of other types for W124's

thanks for letting me know about the fitting kit, will defo need one of those!

If you're going to throw away the old Hirschmann I'll pay postage if you want to send it to me. I can use it for parts

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Once I have bought & fitted the new one & removed the old one, I will gladly send it your way.

The plan was to originally just replace the mast as the aerial had been seized in the up position for a couple of years now, but whilst trying loosen it with a 13mm spanner, the whole mast bit including the black plastic at the base broke off, Probably butcherd by me!

I replaced one on my pre facelift w124, as far as i know there was only one aerial on offer. I also replaced the rubber mount as it was only a couple of quid.

You can buy a universal fit Hirschmann aerial to fit a W124 amongst other things. I paid about 35 quid for one and it fitted fine.

Right guys, went down to my nearest GSF branch today to buy me a n aerial...

After talking to a guy on the phone yesterday & he telling me the aerial they sell is a Hirschmann item, I was suprised to see that the item that they had was infact a BERU one, I bought it anyway, but will return it if need be....

Anyone know anything about BERU?

Do they stack up favourably compared to Hirschmann?

should I stick with it or go the trouble of sourcing a Hirchmann?

By the way I paid about 47 quid all in including VAT & the mounting kit...

Cheers

Beru are fine, one of my 190Es has one - nice, quiet, reliable and might be OEM?

Will

Cheers folks, my concerns have been laid to rest & I will now try installing it, if the weather can hold out that is!.......

I need to change mine to, just the extended meta l bit that is though.
Someone has snapped mine off.
Let us know how you get on.

A Hirschmann is normally £100+, is repairable and will last 15 years. An Autoloeads aerial is £30 and will maybe last 2 years

If the Beru last 5 years at £47 it might be good value - but only if you can get replacement masts for it

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

Pupsi, I have an original Hirschmann in mine and the bottom section of the telescopic thingy would not retract into the car body. you can get a replacement telescopic section for 20 notes from the dealer - look at the top of the aerial on your car and you should find something like "04" and a "H" stamped on top of it (the number could be different) give this number to the dealer and he will sell you a replacement extending section...off course if the actual innards of the the aerial are horlicked then you will need the whole assembly.

Will do fella.

Sorry for resurrecting this old one, but I thought it better than starting a new one...

How did you get on with the BERU part from GSF?

Is it the same OEM part that came with all W124s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom