W124 Electric Rear Blind Loom Connections Help w/pics

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BillyW124

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E320 coupe, W211 E320 V6 CDI, W211 E63 V8 AMG, R129 SL 280 V6, W215 CL 600 V12 Bi Turbo.
Evening all,

Ive finally aquired all the bits for my electric rear blind retro fit to the coupe gaining bits and bobs from members and the dealers.:thumb:

Im having trouble in distinguishing what all the connections are about on the loom and on the blind itself.

I hope you guys can help.

A little note, when purchasing this loom from the dealer the guy said the loom was part of the heated mirror/de-mister set up?:dk::dk:

here are some pics:

Pic 1

^^I know the first connection here is used for the rear blind switch shown below

Pic 2

Pic 3

This one i know goes into the blind

Pic 4

but on the blind itself it has two connections! One is obviously for the motor, but what the other for?

Pic 5

The connection port you see on the black box is attached to some kind of clip, when i manually press this clip it makes a clicking sound, its sort of like a stop of some sort??

Pic 6

What are the rest of the 4 connections for and where would they plug into......

IMG_6129.jpg

Pic 7

Pic 8

Pic 9

Pic 10

Thanks! :crazy:

pic 7 and 8 are mirror connections, 10 looks like the power connector that goes to the drivers side foot well power block, behind the kick panel.

cheers nick, So as per the dealer said then.

You reckon i will have to use those connections for the mirrors etc or could i just wire from the blind to the power block?

i may face a problem doing it that way as the ports in the power block you mention may be taken up by the already used wiring for the mirrors?

would the power block have spare ports?

10 looks like the power connector that goes to the drivers side foot well power block, behind the kick panel.

I concur

The power block is a busbar - normally plenty of free locations. It's well hidden behind a bunch of cables that run vertically behind the front footwell side plastic trim

Nick Froome
ww.w124.co.uk

good stuff, that means i wont have a prob fitting my IR lock set then!

whats the deal with pic 6 then?

..and that second connection on the blind?

when i brought mine, the loom had been split and didnt have the mirror connectors on it.

i just spliced it into the cars loom, took a feed from behind the heater controls, didnt use the bus bar.

as for the 'limit switch' connector, i cant remember seeing it on mine... not saying it wasnt, but cant recall it.

i have an ir lock set as well, just cant face taking it all to bits to fit it...

Hi Billy, please take plenty of pix as you go with this one if possible.

I'd be interested in getting a blind for my coupe. :cool:

i have an ir lock set as well, just cant face taking it all to bits to fit it...

Ian and the chaps at 124 works lifted the entire IR Kit off another car complete for me, a whole box of wire loom! lol the good thing its all intact just have to run wires properly fit the control modules(s) where they should sit as original etc. I'll start antother thread on that when it comes time to fit it.

i have a good auto electro who's going to do it for me.

its just one of those things, the IR locks are not really needed nor going through the hassle either as they are not that reliable ive been told but i like it! i'm contemplating if i should mount the rear IR sensor on for the boot or just leave it. I dont want to be cutting any metal u see.

Hi Billy, please take plenty of pix as you go with this one if possible.

I'd be interested in getting a blind for my coupe. :cool:

yep thats the plan, just need to figure out whats what on the loom. we are nearly there!

i'm itching to find out what the other connector is on the blind, My loom supplied ony has one of these i can plug it into??

Last edited:
Ian and the chaps at 124 works lifted the entire IR Kit off another car complete for me, a whole box of wire loom! lol the good thing its all intact just have to run wires properly fit the control modules(s) where they should sit as original etc.

thats exactly what i have!

I'll start antother thread on that when it comes time to fit it.

that would be good

its just one of those things, the IR locks are not really needed nor going through the hassle either as they are not that reliable ive been told but i like it!

exactly my position

i'm contemplating if i should mount the rear IR sensor on for the boot or just leave it. I dont want to be cutting any metal u see.

i am thinking of mounting it in the bumper, and just extending the wires, and drilling a small hole to pass them into the car, but, well, you know, its a hard one.

...whats wrong with you man! LOL on the bumper?! :doh::crazy::D

hummm, in the name of keeping things original i would rather get a pro in that case to cut, treat and seal the metal so no corrosion can take place.:thumb:

i'm pretty sure to do a proper fit the centre console will have to come out as i think thats where the one of the control modules go(not the one under the rear seat). Its like a black box that looks like a SCART cable is pugged into it!

That is what Nick said, its a limit switch for the blind. Most of these blinds have a habit of not reaching the limit switch and the motor keeps running until you release the switch.

Cheers mate, missed read that, i thought it was the round looking connection thats in the loom that was considered the limit switch connection?

Any ideas how this would be connected as the loom only has one of these connectors that is for the motor, but that one is a square looking one.

Edit: so this connection goes in there? i'm pretty sure it wont fit there?! :confused:

IMG_6129.jpg

Last edited:
The deal so far...

So we have established (from left to right)

1st connection: is the one the iluminated blind switch goes into
2nd connection: for the mirror
3rd connection: the blind motor
4th connection: :confused::confused:
5th connection: again for the mirror
6th connection: goes into the busbar

We have establised that the connection other connection on the blind itself is a limit switch.

• What is the 4th round looking connection? :confused:
  • And how would i connect up the limit switch on the blind as the loom provided hasnt got the connection for it? :confused:
Thanks for all the reply's so far chapps :thumb:

Last edited:
Hi,
I have done this retro fit twice now on 202s, though the blinds are all but identical to your 124 one.
The so called limit switch IMO can,t be for cutting the blind motor off when at the bottom of its cycle as the wiring would only have to go to the blind motor wiring to break its circuit, so its wiring would be part of the blind assembly. The 202 ones have,nt got it, other people mention that there 124 blinds haven,t got it either, personally forget it.
It will be some sort of interlock switch which would intergrate into another car function, allowing that function to operate/not operate depending on the position of the blind.

Hi,
I have done this retro fit twice now on 202s, though the blinds are all but identical to your 124 one.
The so called limit switch IMO can,t be for cutting the blind motor off when at the bottom of its cycle as the wiring would only have to go to the blind motor wiring to break its circuit, so its wiring would be part of the blind assembly. The 202 ones have,nt got it, other people mention that there 124 blinds haven,t got it either, personally forget it.
It will be some sort of interlock switch which would intergrate into another car function, allowing that function to operate/not operate depending on the position of the blind.

Thanks for the info Andy, So really it looks like the installation is just a simple few connection to deal with.

If its not really going to trouble the actual movement up and down of the blind then there isnt much point worrying about the limiter.

Connect the blind motor, the switch and the connection into the busbar and all is well im assumimng.

i neednt worry about the roundish looking connection now either right? Its probably going to be for somthing like the others in regards to the set up of the combination for the mirrors/de mister properties.

Last edited:
Im sure that round connection is for one of the side mirrors, one side will have a dimming mirror, the other wont. Im not 100% sure on that.

Can you send me the part number or the loom, I can check on epc what different versions on the loom are available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom