W124 Electric Seat Motors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WDB124066

MB Enthusiast
Car
1996 E320 Sportline Cabriolet x 2
Looking for advice as to whether the following motors can be used as replacements on a late model 124 that has memory seats.

0 130 002 408
0 130 002 412
0 130 002 413

I suspect they are from a car without memory seats and that by using them the memory function will not work. Is my thinking correct here....??

Last edited:
not sure what you mean?

you have motors from non memory seats but you may want to install these motors with memory correct?

i shoudnt think it would be a problem because the actual memory function i think would be controlled by the the switches and wiring that will tell them to hold in place..

could be wrong but i dont think the memory function is complex.

Last edited:
Mmmm, not sure how the memory system works to be honest, but I suspect it is a function of the motor that would have position sensoring capabilities.....??

To make it easier I guess we could do a search of what the replacement motor part numbers for the seat base would be if ordering for a memory car vs a non memory car.

I can supply a chassis number for a memory car...........

RE: the 'sensoring capabilities' of the motors

if you think of the normal electric seat adjustment you can just basically click slightly on the combination and the seat will hold in that place.

The memory function must have a control box somewhere to send telemetry to the motors that when i press memory number 1, move seats into that position.

I think the motors will be same IMHO. Maybe the connection points/pins where the loom feeds into in the motors perhaps might be different, but i wouldn't see why as i'm pretty sure a 'control box' sends the signals to the motor so logically wiring from a non memory to memory to the actual seat should be the same.

LOL!

Dont quote me on this but somthing to think about.

Well, it looks like there are potentiometers in the memory motors allowing them to know where they are, so it would appear that these non-memory motors will not support a memory function if they are installed in a memory seat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom