W124 electric window switch reverse operation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W124newbie

Car
W124
Hi guys,

Had some work done on the car recently (1989 saloon) which involved taking bits apart including the door cards and mechanisms. When put back together it seems that the drivers window switch is reversed so now it goes up when down is pressed and vice versa.

Is it a difficult job to sort out? I'm thinking of giving it a go myself rather than deal with the hassle of taking it back and leaving it where the work was done. I'm hoping it's as simple as swapping some wires around once the door card is off?

is the switch upside down?..pop it out and turn it around.

Hi guys,

Had some work done on the car recently (1989 saloon) which involved taking bits apart including the door cards and mechanisms. When put back together it seems that the drivers window switch is reversed so now it goes up when down is pressed and vice versa.

Is it a difficult job to sort out? I'm thinking of giving it a go myself rather than deal with the hassle of taking it back and leaving it where the work was done. I'm hoping it's as simple as swapping some wires around once the door card is off?
The easiest way to rectify this will be to swap the two wires going to the motor in the door over. Maybe they weren't put back correctly when the work was done recently. Take the door trim off (plenty of info on youtube on this) and look for the small black connector block with a black and a green wire. The block is mounted on the inner door skin and easily accessible.

Attachments

• pic11.jpg
    pic11.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 4
is the switch upside down?..pop it out and turn it around.
Not possible, pin spacing and locator pegs prevent the switches being fitted upside down.

Switch wires need reversing on the inner door .Take door trim l off and swap them over ,three in side And one sends it up one sends it down middle one is earth swop outer wire over. But if only 2 wires like picture above just swao them like roaghog as posted up...

The easiest way to rectify this will be to swap the two wires going to the motor in the door over. Maybe they weren't put back correctly when the work was done recently. Take the door trim off (plenty of info on youtube on this) and look for the small black connector block with a black and a green wire. The block is mounted on the inner door skin and easily accessible.
Roadhog you picture is for the 190e .

That's entirely possible, it was the first one I spotted on t'web. Looks identical to what's fitted to any of my cars though. All of which have a green and a black wire sitting in a small plastic block on the inner door skin.
The first picture below is of said block in the front passenger door of my '93 spares car, obviously sans wires. The second is the same car, this time the rear passenger door. Same block, same wires when fitted.

Attachments

• IMG_20170113_155225.jpg
    IMG_20170113_155225.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_20170113_155324.jpg
    IMG_20170113_155324.jpg
    221.6 KB · Views: 1
Great, thanks for the info guys. Will give it a go and let you know how I get on!

That's entirely possible, it was the first one I spotted on t'web. Looks identical to what's fitted to any of my cars though. All of which have a green and a black wire sitting in a small plastic block on the inner door skin.
The first picture below is of said block in the front passenger door of my '93 spares car, obviously sans wires. The second is the same car, this time the rear passenger door. Same block, same wires when fitted.
Roadhog and me. And i saw you picture thats how i new it was a 190e .lol But your last one is spot on

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom