W124 Engine Wiring Looms

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
remember, each loom is 'model specific' and will be different depending on the options your car came with.

If these looms work, they are a great bargain

Andy wouldnt an engine loom be an engine loom regardless of model spec?

Lynall

The part loom will be non-specific as all it does is feed the coil packs inside the cover. Looms only become different where cars have options fitted e.g. cruise. My problem with part renewal is that -in my experience- the damage usually extends beyond the coil pack so you would only be doing half a job by renewing only that part. Handy for a temp repair though till you got funds together for the full monty.;)

I thought that I read somewhere, (the Honest John Forum), that a "part loom" - as referred to in the above post was available from Mercedes for £70

Presumably the one advertised on EBay is a one that MBZ sell for £500 plus VAT

Is it a for a 4 cylinder engine or a 6?? 2 coil packs or 3 ---BIG difference--- Whats the original MB part no--its not quoted. Not enough information to make any sort of judgement. It clearly states they are part looms only. You would need a lot more info before parting with any money.

I've just paid £500 for a new loom for a W124 E320 from MB.....as stated, depending on the options fitted to the given W124, the loom will be specific to that model.

In terms of fitting a part loom.....personally I think its a false economy as you will tend to find that the loom will have deteriorated throughout and not just in the common hotspot by the coil packs.

I've just paid £500 for a new loom for a W124 E320 from MB.....as stated, depending on the options fitted to the given W124, the loom will be specific to that model.

In terms of fitting a part loom.....personally I think its a false economy as you will tend to find that the loom will have deteriorated throughout and not just in the common hotspot by the coil packs.

Is that price one anyone can get or a "special" to you from someone you new? I think I might need one hence the question

Thats the price with a 17.5% discount included......get prepared for some haggling!!

we could get them for £580 including vat (that was 15% discount) - if you need one, let me know and I'll put you in touch with the dealer who made that offer :)

Vlad..... was your price + vat?

Last edited:
+ VAT for a car with ASD, air etc, so sadly it was the most expensive one on the list !

I agree with going the whole hog and replacing the complete engine wiring harness.

Three years ago I replaced my one on my E320 cab and sent it to a member of the MBOC for inspection. The whole of the insulation was "shot" which was not apparent from just looking at the loom and there were no other indications when driving, that there was a problem.

My reasoning for the replacement was that I took notice of various postings on this subject and thought that the cost would be cheaper than having fried coils etc.

Three years ago I replaced my one on my E320 cab and sent it to a member of the MBOC for inspection. The whole of the insulation was "shot" which was not apparent from just looking at the loom and there were no other indications when driving, that there was a problem.

QUOTE]

Hi B_ _ _ _ _. ;) You're not as nuts as the MBOC member you sent it up to. :bannana::bannana:

Druk;753721 Hi B_ _ _ _ _. ;) You're not as nuts as the MBOC member you sent it up to. :bannana::bannana:[/QUOTE said:
Hi D-----. Have I spelt your name correctly? Hope that the reincarnated loom is behaving itself.:D

The loom lasted fine for a while till other things started to go wrong. Got fed-up with it in the end and got a nice 211. 124s may be 'solid' but these 320 CDi's are the biz.

I sent e-mail to ebayer asking for:

1. picture of item

2. can I call into his place this week to view the item

Reply simply stated that item was for 6 cylinder engine - no mention of photo or whether I could call in.

He may be a parts person selling the standard Merc 'tails' for double the price, perhaps !!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom