W124 estate doors

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blondebier

Are the front doors on all W124 estates the same?

Mine is a 1991 pre facelift model and has "plastic cover clip on things" in grey on the doors. (Apologies for that somewhat weak description.)

My front passenger door has some rust on it and I figure it is going to be cheaper to replace it with a rust free example. I have found one in the same colour on the German version of EBay :

http://cgi.ebay.de/MB-W124-Tuer-VL-Farbe-Silber-735-ohne-Anbauteile_W0QQitemZ300185210760QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item300185210760&_trkparms=72%3A1132|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

But this doesn't have the "plastic cover clip on thing" on the door. It just has a "plastic strip" for protection...

Question : Will my "plastic cover clip on thing" fix to this door in place of the "plastic strip" so that they look the same? :confused:

It doesn't have the 'plastic cover clip on thing' because it's a "Phase 1" car (up to 1989)

I'm pretty sure all the doors are the same, but whether or not you can fit the plastic cover to that door, I don't know.

i could be wrong, but i am sure i read that a popular mod when the panels 1st appeared was to fit them to the earlier models, so i presume they will fit.

but i could be wrong. Might be worth taking them off your door and seeing how they fit on - it is probably just a case of drilling a mount hole in the correct place.....

but getting one from germany seems a bit of a hassle - isnt there a breaker in the UK that has the right colour etc? The colour of your car is pretty common i think. Front doors are interchangable between etstae/sallon aswell

Thanks for the reply SilverSaloon. You'd think wouldn't you.

I've looked all over the place and contacted loads of breakers. Hardly any of them reply and when they do, they have all colours except 735. "Phone us again in 2 weeks..." they say

I didn't think it would be that hard either.

Have you tried:

www.ThreePointedParts.co.uk

I have bought quite a bit from Rob and has always been good on price & service.

Yes - I've left him the details. Just waiting for a reply.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom