W124 estate - grey luggage cover

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Charles Morgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes 250CE W114, Alfa Romeo GT Coupe 3.2 V6
Anybody got a grey luggage cover for a W124 estate they could spare?

Sorry Charles, I've searched and searched but cant find it anywhere.

I must have sold it already, either that or it's buried in the container somewhere.

Thanks for looking Simon. I think I've found one!

Breaker made a mistake so still looking for a grey luggage cover for a W124 estate.

I have one you can have, for cost of delivery or you could collect, pretty good condition-a bit grubby.

That's very kind llewe - I've ordered the one from the ebay ad, but should that not be up to scratch I'll give you a bell.

From no cover to a choice in 30 minutes!

Both I have one in my car but it has got badly creased and I can't find a way to get it back to flat. If Charles doesn't want yours Ilewe I will definitely be interested.

Any chance of some pics of its condition please?

Cheers
Mike

Both I have one in my car but it has got badly creased and I can't find a way to get it back to flat. If Charles doesn't want yours Ilewe I will definitely be interested.

Any chance of some pics of its condition please?

Cheers
Mike

Wallpaper steamer.

Bruce - banned for name calling! Ah wrong thread - blast! Good suggestion and hadn't thought of that so will give it a try. Thanks Mike

Mike

It worked on mine. One way of thinking is simply tension the cover in situ. Then place a boiling kettle in the boot under it. I am not so sure that you may end up saturating electrics etc in condensation. You could try it stretched over an ironing board (not sure how they operate) and use a wallpaper steamer or a steam generator iron (if you have one). I did the latter and that worked well. But leaving it stretched (in situ) on a hot sunny day may have same effect.

Will do when I get a chance...

Mine arrived today in excellent condition, so hopefully Llewe and Mike can sort something out and thanks again Bruce.

Mike

It worked on mine. One way of thinking is simply tension the cover in situ. Then place a boiling kettle in the boot under it. I am not so sure that you may end up saturating electrics etc in condensation. You could try it stretched over an ironing board (not sure how they operate) and use a wallpaper steamer or a steam generator iron (if you have one). I did the latter and that worked well. But leaving it stretched (in situ) on a hot sunny day may have same effect.

Have had it open for a while during sunny days but has made no difference tbh. Will give the steam iron a blast when it stops raining although have a few issues to sort. Off to Merctech in the morning :(

Mmmmm have tea towel but not so sure about the iron

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom