w124 estate jump seat hinges

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Blaize

Car
S124 E280.
Gents, I have just a couple of day s ago bought a S124 and have quickly fallen madly in love with it. Came with the most comprehensive service history I have ever seen (and I work in the motor trade) and has had the head gasket, timing chains, engine wiring harness, and the rear shocks, spheres, and the valve all replaced in the last 5 years. So a car worth saving.

Anyway, while is it mechanically in very good shape, it is riddled with little broken things here and there that have been ignored over the years. Busted interior trim here and there, rotten front wings (of course, but new genuine ones supplied with the car, so nat all bad), dead power antenna, and so it goes.

None of this is a problem, I have a plan for all of it, but one thing I cannot find available online is the hinges for the lower half of the boot floor jump seat. Two of mine are broken, and the third is very stiff. Anyone know where I can get some? or do I have to go to the dealer and beg?

Some of these odd little parts from the dealer are not that bad. I needed the clip in the boot that holds the seat belts for the rear facing seat out of the way. Was about £5 and arrived in a couple of days. Failing that try a breakers yard but I suspect they will want to sell the seats complete.

I think that the lower half (the bit you sit on ) has the hinges welded to the floor

Well damn, I think that might be the case as well. I couldn't find any screws holding it down, but haven't pulled the carpet up yet. I was just lifting it with a hook pick and didn't see anything.

If they are welded in then I am going to have to get a bit more creative in fixing them. Ah well, nothing's impossible. Suppose I could try welding them back together at the break and re drilling the holes afterwards so they screw onto the seat again. If I pull the hinge pins, I can at least get all the broken parts out and onto the bench to come up with something.

Thanks anyway gents, I'll ring the dealer on the oofchance they can supply them, but if they are welded to the floor (and I think you are right) then I doubt they sell anything.

suggest you check the rear quarter load window seals (no im not mad), these seem to leak after 20 odd years, letting water into the load bay, rusting the hinges that you have. hope its not but i would check.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom