W124 Estate Rear Wiper Motor Wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
So the plug on the rear tailgate wiper motor has different coloured wires to the plug it plugs into..

WHY!!!?

It seems the bodyshop have mixed up the wiring as the plugs need to be taken apart to pull the wires through when fitting a new tailgate.

Anyone have any idea what colour matches what colour?

I realise this is a long shot!

So the plug on the rear tailgate wiper motor has different coloured wires to the plug it plugs into..

WHY!!!?

It seems the bodyshop have mixed up the wiring as the plugs need to be taken apart to pull the wires through when fitting a new tailgate.

Anyone have any idea what colour matches what colour?

I realise this is a long shot!

Hi Jay. i actually have the tailgate carpet trim off on my W124 so i'll take a look later today for you.

i dont understand why would they need to take the plugs off though? the motor unplugs from the wiring loom inside the tailgate at the motor end and the wiring loom inside the tailgate then eventually pops through the rubber tubing by the hinges. it then gets fed through the bodywork hole into the car, where it joins onto a 12(?) pin connector on the roof lining. these wires are all colour coded and should match, but also have numbers on them too iirc.

Yes I don't think they realised that..
Anyway I got help from rob at three pointed parts. The body shop had not only messed up the plug to the wiper but also to the relay which is also in the tailgate.

Big thanks to rob Parker from three pointed parts.

I'll post the details up later for future reference.

Just for future reference for anyone else in a similar situation

The wiring to the plug to the wash wipe relay in the boot lid

1- grey/yellow stripe
2- purple/yellow stripe
3-brown
4-black/grey stripe/yellow blob
5-black/purple stripe/yellow blob
6-black/brown stripe
7-black/brown stripe/yellow blob
8-black/yellow stripe

Wiring to Rear Wiper Motor Connection Plug

1- double wire, black w/yellow stripe
2- black w/brown stripe
3- brown
4- black w/brown stripe and yellow blobs
5- blank
6- yellow w/blue stripe

While trying to sort out the rear washer on my 230TE I found this useful....bit late for OP but may help someone else
cheers

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom