W124 estate suspension refresh kit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Thomas24dean

Car
230TE
Hi - does anyone know where I can get a suspension refresh kit for a w124 230TE ? I need shocks, springs and whatever bushes etc people recommend changing. I see lots of the parts available to buy separately but don't really know the full list of what I need hence wondering if anyone does a kit of all the bits or have a list of everything need and links to where I can buy them? Thanks in advance for any help. Tom ps looking to keep the car pretty original.

Not aware of anyone that does a full kit as such. Your local MB dealer is probably your best bet. Springs are specific to the options(weight) fitted to the individual vehicle. It may come as a surprise but prices from MB for these parts are pretty reasonable. At least they were for a 1995 280T

Hi - does anyone know where I can get a suspension refresh kit for a w124 230TE ? I need shocks, springs and whatever bushes etc people recommend changing. I see lots of the parts available to buy separately but don't really know the full list of what I need hence wondering if anyone does a kit of all the bits or have a list of everything need and links to where I can buy them? Thanks in advance for any help. Tom ps looking to keep the car pretty original.
Your TE is almost certain to have SLS at the rear so shocks will only be applicable to the front. Your best bet is to consult the EPC and itemise all the parts you need. That may include everything for the rear sub-frame; not a job for the feint-hearted.

Your list is likely to be pretty long. And yes, springs from MB having matched your car's spec to the "points system" MB uses to select the correct springs. And remember, springs for the SLS setup are NOT the same a standard rear springs.

But once done, the results should be marvelous.

RayH

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom