w124 estate tail gate seal replacment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Benster

Car
mercedes E220 estate
I need to replace this seal as its leaking, anyone done one, is it just a push in part or held in with a sealant and can it be replaced without taking out the stainless plate along the bottom of the tail gate. just in case ive tried to undo the 2 large Phillips screws either side of the tail gate catch, but their in tight ive sprayed wd40 on them and was going to use an impact driver on them but don't want to damage them. any advice would be welcome, cheers

Done mine not long ago on W210 which is kinda similar process.

I did remove the silver trim , just make sure you put the seal the right way around, best is to mark the old seat at the bottom where the drain holes are and mark the car body as a reference.

Take the new seal ,line up the drain holes and put a mark on it same place as the old one, when you put the new one on you can then line the marks.

Take it steady and should be fine, a dab of waxoyl would be good around the metal frame before you put the new seal on

thank you for that just about to try it now

Done mine not long ago on W210 which is kinda similar process.

I did remove the silver trim , just make sure you put the seal the right way around, best is to mark the old seat at the bottom where the drain holes are and mark the car body as a reference.

Take the new seal ,line up the drain holes and put a mark on it same place as the old one, when you put the new one on you can then line the marks.

Take it steady and should be fine, a dab of waxoyl would be good around the metal frame before you put the new seal on
thanks for that I did it quite easy which was good just wait for some rain now

Hopefully all good now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom