W124 Estate. Tailgate Sun Blind.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Friends

Does anybody where I can get a 'Sun Blind' that will fit a W124 Estate (mine) on the rear tailgate/glass?

Yes I know I may be asking for the impossible, but hey? I still want one and they do exist. I am uncertain if there ever was an OEM part and, if I am honest it does not have to be OEM. Most of these things were aftermarket anyway.

So ideally it is, a single width/span perforated roller blind that pulls down and hooks onto the load cover locating hoops on the actual tailgate (or I can bodge something).

To look as I would want it would ideally have to fit over/around the rear wiper motor cover, but again, I can look at this as a fettle, later, if required.

I did try a couple of the ebay custom made sun blind stores with no success. They didn't want the hassle of tooling up for one blind and I do not foresee a big market heading my way in these any day soon? I also tried using two vertical standard side window blinds. Now (this is true) these do not look too bad, but length is the issue (Ooh Err) which makes locating them a problem as it is a fair drop from the top of the glass to the locating loops on the tailgate.

I will consider anything really just to get an idea. I am sure that a blind from another type/make of estate may well fit or be bodgeable to make fit.

Many Thanks

Bruce

I am happy to look at fixing something up if you have it lying in the back of your shed or garage.

They are original Bruce but very hard finding one and when they do come up,they go for silly money

Tried the good old U.S of A Forums Ebay etc ?

I have an unfitted OEM one for my S202 with the cut out for the wiper. I have the side window blinds already fitted, very neat.
I was searching earlier on how the tailgate blinds locate at the top of the rear screen. These two widgets are missing.
I drew a blank there.

They are original Bruce but very hard finding one and when they do come up,they go for silly money

The S202 rear blind was last listed as an MB accessory for around £95, I think.
Just how silly have you seen them sell for?

I have never seen an MB w124 Estate blind for sale? I have seen some copies with dodgy ebay holiday snaps. These are usually accompanied with some evidence of extreme Class A drug taking by the seller, just before they entered the price....

North of £350

Just to tease you Bruce :D

image41.jpeg

DOUBLE ROLLER BLIND MERCEDES 230 TE (124083)
"How to" on a saloon- not for the faint of heart!

HOW TO: Install Electric Rear Blind on a W124
or another couple of examples in action saloon/coupe? again I'm afraid
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
mercedes-benz-e-class-te-S3467707-10.jpg

The impression I'm getting is that any MB factory electric rollerblind/cargo divider/ cargo cover was a two piece device mounted on the back of the rear bench seats and not on the rear door- which would be aftermarket and manually deployed??

The impression I'm getting is that any MB factory electric rollerblind/cargo divider/ cargo cover was a two piece device mounted on the back of the rear bench seats and not on the rear door- which would be aftermarket and manually deployed??

The estate one is manual

Graeme

The one I am after is the same (or similar) to what Dee has. Sits over the actual glass!! I am fairly sure I could make one up if I could get a large enough one start with that I could then cut down to fit?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom