W124 Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Can't comment on these, but Avantgarde have decent cars. Of course, you could always visit Mr Froome (W124) of this forum who has a superb green E320 W124 estate that I can vouch for.....here (mine)

Last edited:
I have no prior knowledge of this dealer but every Mercedes on their site is either optimistically priced or way over-priced.

Nice cars though.

Can't comment on these, but Avantgarde have decent cars. Of course, you could always visit Mr Froome (W124) of this forum who has a superb green E320 W124 estate that I can vouch for.....here

Hello Charles
ive emailed a couple of times but i think he might not be receiving them:dk:
the cars on his site look superb

was that one previously owned by your good self?

Yes it is mine (literally, Nick is selling it for me) - I can give you chapter and verse on it if you like. Try ringing him.

Yes - I can give you chapter and verse on it if you like.

please do...

it looks first class:thumb:

would it make a daily driver as some days i might like to waft ...
..one cant always be brutal?

I used it as a daily driver until I moved and with three classics decided I needed a more utilitarian car. Olly has replaced both cylinder head gasket and loom last year (two essential W124 things) plus rear brakes and suspension spheres, while the front suspension was replaced before I bought it, so the ride is extremely good. It also has 3 layers of soundproofing in the front doors, bodywork is great, no rust spotted, interior good but we are replacing rear carpet.

Apart from that it is a very responsive car, engine is great, the orthopaedic seats are superb, and very rare and after having driven around in a 4 speed, the 5 speed makes high speed cruising very relaxed. Car is still capable of 140 mph on the autobahn. In short it both wafts and storms, not in a C63 way, but gives a great sense of occasion. If I didn't already have 4 cars I would have kept it....

Hopefully this doesn't fall foul of any forum rules.

Last edited:
That much for a W124, have a look at my one, it must be worth three grand according to their valuation.

I used it as a daily driver until I moved and with three classics decided I needed a more utilitarian car. Olly has replaced both cylinder head gasket and loom last year (two essential W124 things) plus rear brakes and suspension spheres, while the front suspension was replaced before I bought it, so the ride is extremely good. It also has 3 layers of soundproofing in the front doors, bodywork is great, no rust spotted, interior good but we are replacing rear carpet.

Lovely looking car for certain sure! Did the CHG and loom fail or were they replaced as a precaution?

Last edited by a moderator:
I did the loom as a precaution, it was ok but showing signs of decay that might cause problems within an 18 month period. Having done it we diagnosed that the CHG was on the way out (no mixing with the coolant, but oil loss) so did that too. The warranty company paid up efficiently and without quibble on the CHG, so that was painless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom