W124 Exhaust Suppliers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gawdi

Car
300D
The back box fell off my 300D this morning so I need a new one. Europarts seem to be out of stock, apart from expensive ones... are there any other suppliers I could try?

1st on the list to call would be MB... things might have changed as it was a couple of years ago but for my 320te MB were cheaper for a middle box and about a score more for a back box than ECP. Genuine exhaust bits typically last many times longer than pattern parts and always fit properly... done the cheap back box from GSF etc before and fitting has almost always involved fighting the cheap POS

MB breakers sometimes have exhaust bits with plenty of life left in 'em and for a cheap pattern part there's usually several European supplies peddling 'em on ebay

I bought a local car where the history showed a cheap back box had been fitted 4 years before. It needed replacing

The MB part lasts 10-15 years, probably more on a diesel

Nick Froome

Rear box on our 280 did 16yrs. Genuine MB replacement was £155. Aftermarket ones can be false economy.

I bought a local car where the history showed a cheap back box had been fitted 4 years before. It needed replacing

The MB part lasts 10-15 years, probably more on a diesel

Nick Froome

That's the problem - the system on my C124 is 17 years and 126k miles old. Suppose it gives up tomorrow - what do I replace it with?

Where will I be - never mind the car - in 17 years time? :crazy:

...and who cares...:D

That's the problem - the system on my C124 is 17 years and 126k miles old. Suppose it gives up tomorrow - what do I replace it with?

Where will I be - never mind the car - in 17 years time? :crazy:

...and who cares...:D

Think of it another way - you are the keeper of that car for the next generation of enthusiasts - do them and the car a favour, and keep the provenance to a high standard; as you would wish for yourself, if you were buying it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom