W124 Exhaust Suppliers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ecossebev

Car
Mercedes Benz 230 TE
I'm looking for a rear silencer for my '91 230TE. Checked ebay, GSF and euro. Nothing found on ebay and the cheapest I could find was £78 + vat + shipping. Surely there must something out there than cheaper than that, considering a rear silencer for a saloon is retailing at £35-40 +VAT.

Can anyone recommend a cheaper supplier?
Why are they twice the price of saloon/coupe rear silencer?
Is it only the 200TE rear silecer that is compatible with the 230?

Thanks in advance...

The rear silencer layout in the estate is totally different from the saloon and coupe ( which incidentally are also different from each other due to differences in wheelbase) due mainly to the location of the fuel tank. It is a large unit mounted across the rear of the car rather than the saloon/coupe which is mounted longitudinally. If its any comfort I think the centre box is shared with the saloon so should be cheaper if you need one in the future. If you can afford it I would go for a German OEM like HJS,ERNST OR ERBERSPACER as they last a lot longer than the cheaper imports. It might also be worth checking out one of the custom st/st outfits like powerflow if you have one locally? http://www.powerflowexhausts.co.uk/ You could try a PM to Bolide since he's the estate expert and may know of a cheap source of exhausts altho I'm pretty sure he will use an OEM Supplier.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom