W124 Expert required... Hydraulic Leak - Big job?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

englishdas

Car
57 E200 Kompressor
Well, it took a while, but finally I've got a job to do on the car.

the problem is described here - M104 SLS Reservoir Leak

However, the solution, not so much. Since that three year old thread, has anyone got experience of this? If it's a case of changing a few hoses, is that it, therefore an easy fix? Have I got self leveling issues? Heard all kinds of stuff about the SLS Pump 'backing pressure up' to the Reservoir. If I fix the leak and replace the hose, am I just putting off the inevitable?

I did notice the rear of the car sitting pretty high in the air yesterday, is that a sign?

Help, as my landlord doesn't like overflowing buckets of oil sitting around.

Update: turns out its a shockingly repaired SLS bottle/reservoir. Need to source a new one. 124works in preston were helPful but unable to lay their hands on one, suggested the dealer as I may be surprised. Through no fault of his own, he could not have been more right.

Turns out you gotta buy the tandem pump then you get it for free! Otherwise, no you can't have one. I did (knowingly, but what the hell) point out that it is in fact a separate part of the car, almost a meter away from the tandem pump, as the cable goes. But to no avail. So my choices are spend hundreds for something I need plus an expensive paperweight, or go forth.

Didn't think I'd be that surprised.

Time to source one from a breakers then - won't be exbenzive I wouldn't imagine.

Sorry for your troubles.

rob parker
unit 8 ilton business park
ilton
Somerset
TA199du
United Kingdom Phone: 01460|54272
Email: [email protected]

robparkerw123 is his ebay traders name if you want to see what he has in.

PM me. i have one you can have

IF i can find it. i cant rememebr if i have thrown it away or not, i will check tonight

He is normally very quick to replay via ebay or email. He never seems far away from a keyboard or phone including weekends and Bank Holidays.

I have a spare one too from a w124 1995 estate . interested?

Yep, very interested. Can't find yr listing though on eBay. Rob Parker doesn't have one at the moment, so I'm keen as mustard to get one ASAP. I'll pm you if that's ok, unless you have the eBay link and I can do it that way.

Thanks again everybody. A true forum. Never lets me down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom