W124 flared arches

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ash-Benz

Car
Mercedes W124 E300td
Hi Guys

I put on some AMG AERO 1's onto my W124 estate today, I was expecting them to stick out past the arches but it was to a point where I couldn't even turn the steering wheel without it rubbing on the arches! :( what's the resolution for this guys? Thanks, Ash

Are you sure you got the right offset wheels?Had aeroI on my estate without any problems

The part number is 1264001102. The offset is 8x17 I think.

They are for the 126 S-class with much lower offset - hence the wheels sticking further out.

I didn't realise there would be such a difference. So is the only way around this to get the arches flared? Is this costly? Thanks

Dude:Those would have ET11 offset,way out.Best advice is sell them and get the correct ones,ET28

The amg aero 1's are so hard to find! I guess selling these will be the best option for me though. Cheers

They're not that hard if you look,there is a set for sale on this very forum
The seller is a nice chap too :D

Really? Can you send me the details please? Cheers

Lol. Will this nice guy consider a p/x deal with the wheels I have? :)

Lol. Will this nice guy consider a p/x deal with the wheels I have? :)

I'd love to say yes but I'm afraid it's a no,sorry mate
If I was to take you're wheels,I know full well that I'd end up with a 126 to put them on

A worst case scenario but you could always get the hub machined on a lathe to the correct offset. 126 offsets should have a fair bit of metal at the hub. You can find a machinist on the popular VeeDub forums like edition38. HTH.

Thanks for the advice guys, much appreciated

@d_w124, those Aero I's look damn good on your estate. What size tyres were you using on them, and did you need the wing spacers?

@d_w124, those Aero I's look damn good on your estate. What size tyres were you using on them, and did you need the wing spacers?

225/45 front and 235 rears.I didn't need the wing spacers,unless it was lowered

Just slap on some 500E arches all round and then you can have the pleasure of running any bloody size you want! :)

Hi Niks. What sort of cost am I looking at? I have a guy who can paint, just need the arches/wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom