W124 front seat cover swap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andy_C

Whilst I appreciate that it is theoretically possible to swap front seat covers ( to remove the seat back cover from the passenger seat back and fit it to the drivers seat back, for example). Has anyone actually done it?

With the exception of any holes ( for example where the armrest fits, or where the seat tilt is) not lining up, is there anything to watch out for?

Andy

only problem if u have heated seats it means u need to be careful with heating elements

The heatign elements in leather seats are sewn into the leather covers, so not easy to swap over. The Ortho/multi contour seats have an extra strip of elastic material between the side bolsters and the seat back to allow for the lumbar function, and are not the same as non orth seat covers.

When taking the seats out, be careful to disconnect the airbag connections. I'd disconnect the battery and the connection under the passnger side footwell first.

When I took the passenger side seat out, one of the captive nuts was broken. It took hours with a dremmel to cut the head off the nut. Don't try and brute force it out, or you'll twist the seat frame....I'm still looking for a replacement seat base.

If you do change the covers, take some pics and post the process as I'm sure it would be useful to other members.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom