W124 front seat

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lxb3

Car
'95 S124 E220, '97 SL280, '03 C270CDI, and hopefully soon an '03 S350
Hi all,
I've managed to vastly improve my W124 E220's driver's seat using the fabric from the passenger side of a sadly-deceased E280 with the same cloth; so I've now got the rest of the seat from the E280 and the experience of disassembling two W124 seats!

Would anyone like (a) some help doing theirs, if they are anywhere near Croydon / South London; or (b) the remaining parts and cloth? Happy to let them go F.O.C. to a good home.

...wasn't quite sure whether to put this in classified, or interiors, or what! :crazy:

Kind regards,
Alex.

...and would it be rude to put an eBay link in so that people can see it? I'm assuming that would be sailing a little too close to the wind in terms of forum rules!!

Hi all,
I've managed to vastly improve my W124 E220's driver's seat using the fabric from the passenger side of a sadly-deceased E280 with the same cloth; so I've now got the rest of the seat from the E280 and the experience of disassembling two W124 seats!

Would anyone like (a) some help doing theirs, if they are anywhere near Croydon / South London; or (b) the remaining parts and cloth? Happy to let them go F.O.C. to a good home.

...wasn't quite sure whether to put this in classified, or interiors, or what! :crazy:

Kind regards,
Alex.

That's a kind offer.

What colour is the fabric and is it pre- or post-facelift?

Nick Froome

Hi Nick,

The fabric's a mid-grey cloth with squares of darker grey - if you have a look at the eBay listing I've put up at Mercedes W124 front seat base & frame - later model, pale grey chequer cloth | eBay that's probably easier than me trying to describe it! The cloth is a bit grubby but so was the backrest cloth, that cleaned up beautifully with a little interior shampoo.
It's post-facelift, the E280 it came out of was post-facelift, about 1994/95 I think.
The headrest and armrest can go with it too!

PS you can see the state of the cloth I removed from my E220's driver's seat on that eBay listing! I don't know whether that's any use to anyone, but I'll happily give that away too. I would guess that if yours is in a similar state, a good interior trimmers may be able to use the undamaged areas of cloth from mine to repair it... never tried it myself though.

...oh and I've got a little hand steamer which did a bloody amazing job at cleaning up the seat cloth and the carpet in the boot of the E220!! If you're local I don't mind lending it.

W124 E220 cabriolet front seat repair

Hi Alex,

My front seats don't lock after the back having been tilted forward. I'm guessing that a cable needs adjusting but need some info if possible please.

Many thanks,

David

Possibly a vacuum hose has come off the diaphragm at the front of the seat underneath. Have a close look to see if there is a vacuum hose coming out of the floor that is not connected to the front of the underside of the seat.

It will not lock until engine is running AND doors are shut on my coupe.

Try that.

^^ True!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom