W124 front wings. Where to buy?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W124ali

Car
W210 E200 Kompressor
Hi all.

Age old question which I bet has been asked before a couple times ;).

Where can I get front wings from for my 1995 W124? Are aftermarket copy wings ok or must they be original? Original wings are hard to come by and I can imagine them going for a few quid. How much should I pay for a pair of wings?

Copy wings are hit and miss when it come to fitment so I'm afraid is a dealer visit

A while back I bought a replacement wing for a yr 2000 Opel Astra brand new and already painted from a company on line. It fitted and matched just right.

OK not a Merc , but it was a painless process. Can't for the life of me remember the company name but that's what the internet is for....amongst other things :rolleyes:

W124 Other members may remember, the time it took me to locate a pair of W124 front wings . My avitar shows the second hand used front passengers original mb wing i picked up . I purchased a few before i found the right one .The one on the car was just a bolt on job the paint code was the same as mine and i was so lucky to find this like a lottery win . First one was brand new original MB wing and came from a forum member .It was damaged in transit. It was returned for a refund. The next pair i purchased were aftermarket . And came painted ,not in my code .The workmanship was poor i sold them to a chap building a track car .Also purchased a genuine original wing from Mercedes Newcastle this was also poor the lip was cut down at the bottom in the area the mud flap fixed to . I sent this back also . Also found one driver side on ebay, it was original ..Sent the old wing along with the second hand wing for paint. This did not work out to plan,, the paint job was to light this will be put right next March . After you pick up a wing its just as hard to match the colour . So its hard to find second hand genuine mb wings but not impossible . Do check they are original look for the star stamp Good luck

Attachments

• 1yBpaZX.jpg
    1yBpaZX.jpg
    654 KB · Views: 15
  • C9hF6Fd.jpg
    C9hF6Fd.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 17
  • DSC04547.JPG
    DSC04547.JPG
    131.6 KB · Views: 17
A real shot in the dark. My next door neighbour had a 1962 MkII For Zodiac and got his panels from Australia. Apparently over there the mechanics fail long before the bodywork because of their pleasant climate. There must be a Mercedes Club forum over there, maybe worth a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom