W124 gearbox issue.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

krimat2005

Car
Mercedes W124 300D/ S203 220cdi
I had auto gearbox swaped in my 320ce for gearbox from 300-24v. the problem is change from 2-3 takes place always around 3,5k and 3-4 always around 4,5k. I tried adjusting Bowden cable with no luck, there's only little difference if anything. Also if I drive 50mph it only goes to 3rd but when shifted to N and back do D it pops into 4th?? also KD is inoperative and can't get it to start in 1st. E/S switch seems tyo make no difference whatsoever. I just hope there is some kind of easy solution to it cos garage had it back 3 times and no change. Thank you very much for all your help

Check if the ECU part numbers are the same for both transmissions...

really gutted, disconnected Bowden cable to find it still changes 2-3 at 3.5k, 3-4 at 4.5k??!! AFAIK it should be in 4th gear by 25mph without Bowden cable attached. kickdown is not working and E/S switch isn't making any difference. please help. what else is controlling my gearbox??

w124 300e 24 autobox woes [Archive] - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

e.g.
Normally the E/S switch acts on a solenoid valve which allows vacuum generated from the inlet manifold and stored in the vacuum reservoir under the wing to access the pneumatic actuator on the side of the box---- this influences the change points. If there is no difference between the two switch positions you need to check the switch and solenoid valve for switching and 12v supply ---if thats OK You then need to check the vacuum lines and gearbox actuator. ps the switch electric supply to the vacuum solenoid valve is routed thro the kickdown switch so the E position would be negated by a faulty kickdown switch

Yep all that. :) Start with fuses grober...??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom