• The Forums are now open to new registrations, adverts are also being de-tuned.

W124 gtg in London

Should we start talking about the next one than?

Well, I said I would probably have the dirtiest 124 there - and it was true.

I now feel ashamed, so will give it a wash next time.

The interior is OK though for a 172,000+ miles I trust you agree ?

We had a very pleasant day Genny and I , good to put names to the owners and forum members.

I think the previous comment re diversity of 124s and their owners, a very appropriate description.

Got home to Reading Berks early evening, unloaded the wing from the back seat (never did get around to showing it to anybody - it is original for sale)
and went back out to local pub to watch the soccer, but due to extra time just missed the closing time for the local Indian.

Thanks dash and everyone - see you again.

Was good to see a few new faces, even though it was an impromptu visit with a w208 :)

the miss's is moaning she didnt get a mention tho lol

She was good mate,if my one would be there she would be asking from 12-30 if we could go :D:D

Just thought that I would add my thanks to Dash for organizing a great day. Sorry we had to leave early but we wanted to miss the Silverstone traffic. My day went thus. Got up at 0530hrs, went to get my shirt, still in the ironing pile :wallbash:. Had a shower and hastily grabbed a nearly wrinkle free shirt and put it on. Ran out of the house only to find the wife's car parked directly behind mine in the drive. Back into the house to look for her keys. Nope the key fairy had hidden them. Crept back upstairs to ask the wife who was sleeping soundly. Now, only a fool or someone VERY brave would attempt to waken the wife. With trembling hands gently shook her. Like a coiled snake she awoke, sprang into the sitting position and gave the the look. Oh Ian are you in trouble now :o. After being called blind, stupid and useless (by no means meant I hasten to add) I was directed to said keys. Back outside and did the two car shuffle. Texted TJ to let him know I was in transit. Did a very rapid drive though the center of Preston and managed to arrive 30 mins late. The stress was over :bannana: Nice drive down with John, stopping twice for leg stretches and the obligatory coffee. Arrived at 1130hrs to meet Chris and Sam. Nice folk from somewhere in the West. I cant remember who next arrived as my mind was still in transit. Anyway met Charles and Dash and ???? (other nice folk). Went to look at some very nice cars and one I would sooner not comment about. Now the journey back. So that is the O2 Arena? Big init :D. We had visions of parking on the M25 but so far the travel fairy was smiling on us. Trouble free. Ok, so who grassed us up to said travel fairy? :doh: Hit the M1 and everyone wanted to drive up the fast lane. Not a thing wrong with the other 2 lanes I thought. But you have to understand that we were strangers and obviously did not know of the misgivings of said lanes. The has to be something wrong with them coz no one was using them. They seemed to be perfectly ok for us and the trusty 300D. We witnessed that rare animal, workers working on the M1 on a Sunday :eek:. And then there was the miles upon miles of 50mph Specs cameras, totally pointless (my opinion only). It was just after these and just north of the Silverstone turning when we spotted an AC Cobra (pics to follow when I get a chance to upload them). M6 Toll road, ok. M6, ok ish still a few people unsure what the inside lane is for. Stretched the 300D (Ooooo Mrs, she goes well) and arrived at my doorstep at 1900hrs. Was it a good day? Oh Yes Sir. Would I go again? Oh Yes Sir. Nice people, nice cars and plenty to talk about. Thank You Dash for organizing this do. Next Year????

Cobra1.jpg
cobra1.jpg

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

car3.jpg

car4.jpg

car5.jpg

car6.jpg

car7.jpg

car8.jpg

car9.jpg

car10.jpg

Looks like a great turnout for a superb meet. I'm sorry I couldn't make it - it clashed with a PistonHeads Run. Seeing as I had organised it, I had to turn up :p ;)

Hopefully I can make it to another meet :)

Darren

Some more pic
gtg006.jpg

Wine thief,lol
gtg013.jpg

gtg007.jpg

Chriss looking very happy there
gtg010.jpg

gtg014.jpg

Boomtings keept a secret about his TT witch looks very nice
gtg019.jpg

Next Year????

Yes Ian,without a doubt :thumb:12 cars turned up this time,but next time we should try to double that or maybe even more :)

Maybe not so late as next year, but maye sometime in late October or November, at least 2 meets a year would be good.

Maybe not so late as next year, but maye sometime in late October or November, at least 2 meets a year would be good.

Maybe find a venue first and take it from there :thumb:

That AMG bumper on the white car has seen better days!:eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom