W124 hardtop on ebay

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have one like gold dust nice to have prices are clearly rising.

Probably not to that extent as it's been around for a while....

Wasn't aware of the 4K tbh but either way a lot of money for a rare item I guess. A lot more than many other hard tops because of its rarity. Personally I love the look of the hard top when it's on adds a real individual look to a what is essentially now a w124 coupe. Much like the R129 is prettier with a hard top on as apposed to just the soft top up

I had a w124 cabrio that had a hard top in a previous life, no idea which make, but it had 2 largish holes in the rear panel that covered the roof, presumably for the rear of the hard top to locate into brackets below

It also had leaked as the rear floor had rotten out

I know it's great to have accessories, but for a w124 I'd give it a miss

Personally I love the look of the hard top when it's on adds a real individual look to a what is essentially now a w124 coupe. Much like the R129 is prettier with a hard top on as apposed to just the soft top up

I passed an A124 with a hard top on the motorway a few years back and I was wondering what on earth it was as I approached!

The hard top does transform the R129 ... it's lower and has much bigger windows than the hood.

There was two types of hard top wisemann and germar the germar looks almost identical at a glance as a coupe the Weismann on the other hand has a slightly more curvaceous look which transforms the look of the car. It's a personal preference thing but I preferred the wiesmann look. I have never had issues with leaks on it. In fact it's a tighter fit than the soft top with a lot less noise at higher speeds. If I have any criticism it's how heavy it is definitely a 3 shredded wheat job ;-)

Probably not to that extent as it's been around for a while....

No it hasn't been advertised for a long time and believe me he had a 3.2 offer and turned it down as the seller isn't that bothered if it sells or not

Well, I've heard of keeping a classic car as an investment, but never a car part...

It's not like a spare steering wheel ;-) ultimately if you have one you are going to use it I guess. If you want one great if not so be it. Like I said it's a personal preference thing I like them I have one if someone else is interested then here is a guy with one available. As for the investment side of things I think a car with will always command a higher price than one without like for like. Maybe not as much of a premium as the asking price but if your in it for the money £ then your in it for the wrong reasons it should always be about the passion the engineering the art the whatever it is
that makes it tick your box apart from something as fickle as money in because in reality cars always come with a cost associated with them be it classic or otherwise that's my little rant for the the day ;-)

I have an A124 with a Wiesmann hardtop fitted.
Two large spiggots lock into 25mm holes in the body adjacent to the black plastic covers either side of the rear seat back. They secure the roof to the body (additional to the locks atop the windscreen). These spiggots also pick up the electrics for the hard top reading lights and heated rear window and tell the system that the hard top is fitted - otherwise inadvertent raising of the soft top could be initiated!
The ebay ad referred to, offers a fitting kit. It would need to be pretty comprehensive to enable the configuration I describe here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom