W124 headlamp wash wipe leak

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

millo777

MB Enthusiast
Car
1997 W140 S600L/2003 S211 320cdi
When I fill the screen wash bottle on my W124, it's entire contents seems to empty over night via the headlamp wash wipe nozzles.

I've replaced both nozzles with brand new parts from the dealer and this hasn't cured the problem.

All the hoses checked, and are all fine.

So, the only remaining culprits are the washer pump and the non return valve that splits the water from the pump into the two hoses that feed each headlamp.

Having taken the washer bottle out of the car with the motors still in place, I filled the bottle with water, which proceeded to empty via the connectors on the rear of the pumps that feed the windscreen and headlamp wash respectively.

Is this normal? I was expecting the water to only come out of these connectors when the pump was operated?

I'm not sure which part to change first. The non return valve, or the pump(s)?

Any thoughts?

Hi,

Give Kevin James of Stuttgart Garage a phone, he may be able to help. Phone number is 01443401838

take out you non return valve aand try to blow thorough it in the direction of the water flow. if you can than it needs replacing otherwise its ok It only opens with the pump pressure. ie at very high pressure.

I just got back from the dealer and already paid for a new check valve which will be with me on friday.

I'll send you a pm re some other W124 trim parts I'm after though.

@w124nut I've head good reviews of stuttgart motors, in Pontypridd? it's a bit far from where I am in the deepest reaches of the Gower Peninsula. I'll be back in sunny Fulham from September, so Klasse the MB indy there will be dealing with my grief from now on! though I do recommend SK Automotive in Swansea for anyone in the area. The guy that runs the garage is really great to deal with and knows his stuff.

do you have the part numbers?

The check valve part number is A 0008600862 which was 8 gbp + vat from the dealer. Click on the link above and you'll see all the parts related to the wash/wipe and their part numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom