W124 heater blower motor - double cage one for A/C models!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pupsi

Car
W124 E500
As the title, anyone got one about in good working condition?
Mine has finally packed in, checked the carbon brushes but they are fine!

a friend is breaking one with aircon he is looking for £100 for one

A new motor from Bosche is £68 plus vat. Just ordered one.

Thanks for that Ian as my cages are fine!
Any idea how you get the cages off though? Looks a very hard job without breaking the cages.

I recall doing one of these on my 124.
From what I recall there are around 3 types.
I had to take the whole dash out to access it. It had retrofit Diavia A/C fitted. There was no way to properly access the motor without doing so.
Send me the VIN and I will identify the correct one for you.
Hopefully yours is the easy one.

Choice of: (without full VIN)

Hi Pupsi.

There are three that look very similar, pm me your VIN and I will pinpoint the right one, £100 is very expensive for a used one of those with an unknown history. What if it only lasts 2 months?
I can almost guarantee I can supply a new one with a 2 year warranty cheaper than that.
Need the VIN though, pointless guessing.!!

there are screws to the side on non air con to take out just the fan without playing with cage check out for those, as for new price it is very very good and probably better than what my friend is asking informed him about it and according he will take less, but why buy 2nd hand if can get them for 68, i bought non aircon from local scrappy for £30 i wonder how much it is for non air con model

Hi Pupsi.

There are three that look very similar, pm me your VIN and I will pinpoint the right one, £100 is very expensive for a used one of those with an unknown history. What if it only lasts 2 months?
I can almost guarantee I can supply a new one with a 2 year warranty cheaper than that.
Need the VIN though, pointless guessing.!!

Ahh, sorry for that!
VIN is: WDB1240361B953774

Still after one of these, have been offered by a nice forum member a motor alone however i dont have the facilities to extract the squirrel cages to swap them over!

Anybody else got one?

The Bosch part number is : 0130111012

2nd hand my friend reduced the price to £50 collected of a coupe 90k miles

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom