W124 heater blower motor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
The blower motor on my E36 is driving me mad with a its (now) constant squeal.

MB want £230 for a replacement so I am looking at ECP / eBay

When I check compatibility, it comes up with it won't fit my car. Don't tell me it has an AMG blower motor!

Any ideas of the correct part number or a supplier please?

Many thanks

Vemo Heater Fan Blower Motor Mercedes Saloon W124 Coupe C124 Kombi S124 E Class | eBay

check with eurocarpart or gsf

the link quoted is for non air con model yours e36 non air con??

Is it factory or dealer fitted air con? The fans are not the same.

How worn is the commutator? I've been through a few used examples over the years/several cars and when they started playing up (noisy, won't spin up on lower speed settings etc) the commutator was usually at least as knackered/worn as the brushes and/or bearings nasty bushes
Dunno if it applies to the single fan versions but the twin cage Bosch motors are not designed to be servicable i.e. everything was slotted/clipped together before bits of the casing were peened over

Have you tried googling any part numbers on the motor case? Complete Bosch/Behr heater fans for mine are insane money new but the Bosch motor itself can be bought new for ~ £100 and swapping the squirral cages over is easy enough as they're a light interference fit

Palfrem be aware that for the twin cage fans there are at least two slightly different versions that aren't properly interchangable as the squirral cages are different sizes and spaced differently on the motor. My '93 (Behr heater airbox) takes a Bosch 0130111011 motor and while the later(?) Bosch 0130111033 motor fits the car its squirral cages don't and the motor shaft is a different length, too short on one side to swap cages over without bodging

Can look your car up on a site like Spare Part 0008307908 or as i did there just stick the MB part number in if you know it. The link is for the MB # that corresponds to 0130111011, google the 033 motor number and the internet should spit out an MB #

Pic of both nicked from the internet...

85983d1287647051-noisy-blower-motor-screenhunter_08-oct.-21-03.43.jpg

Unlikely(?) on an e36 but, as said, there's also other variations as quite a few 124s had aircon fitted at the stealers instead of while they were being built

it could be the bushes and can get yours reconditioned by a professional.

the europart item is for non aircon model mate.

go back to them they may have non original or recon or dealer otherwise

Dont laugh but I sourced a Hella one for around £170 from Amazon.co.uk.

Just search Amazon for w124 Hella or Hella 8EW 009 159-101 Blower

by the way it looked like it shipped directly from Hella.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom