W124 - Idling Issue, delay in kickdown

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

300CE24V

Car
300 CE 24 Auto, 1991
Hi guys, loking for some advice on how i can progress an issue i have got since my car has come back from paint.before the car started starightaway by the first turn, no idling issues, kickdown responded near enough instantlythe car has been sitting idle for nearly 2 months, doing very short journey while it got a full respray, they also killed the battery and had to use a booster to get the car going. another point was the fuel was very low in the carsince i have had it back it really struggles to start, when it does get going it idles very low (below 5000) you then have to give it several minutes to warm up a bit otherwise if you engaged in D or R and rev it it will cut out, i have no acceleration power whilst it is in P, really struggles to rev uponce it gets going i get a lag in accelartation, but the car moves quick enough when i put it in gear, but struggles for a bit when i shift up.i have no acceleartion at all when i am trying to pull away on a slight incline (doing 50 through road works, car has four adults in it, reach the end of the roadworks and it just didnt want to go anywhere)also when i engage the kick down i get nothing for at least 2 seconds before it remembers to engage iti have only managed to clean up the breather unit which looked ok anyway. like i said the car before the paint job was running so beautifully! that was the only reason why i went for it as mechanically the car was perfect.any expert opinions i could try myslef, or take to a good mercedes garage in and around west london\surreyThanks

Does sound as though something may have been damaged during jump starting?If you want a recommendation on a good independent repairer you could try Merc Medic in Send near Woking/Guildford. 10483 222741. They have diagnostic equipment and are knowledgeable on these cars.

Does sound as though something may have been damaged during jump starting?If you want a recommendation on a good independent repairer you could try Merc Medic in Send near Woking/Guildford. 10483 222741. They have diagnostic equipment and are knowledgeable on these cars.

Thanks for that i will give them a call and see what they say

spoken to merc medic, and they tell me it sounds like a possible fuse issue. behind the car battery is over voltage relay, that contains 2 fuses, hopefully they have blown and would cause the issue i am having. it can happen if you constantly jump starting the car which seemed to be the case. will check it out tonight!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom