W124 Illuminated vanity mirror wiring loom

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

millo777

MB Enthusiast
Car
1997 W140 S600L/2003 S211 320cdi
I've already got a set of sun visors with the illuminated vanity mirrors, but need the wiring loom, and a set of the clips with the electrical contacts in them (Beige/Mushroom colour)

Thanks in advance.

James.

+ 1 for me too as i have these but without electrical contact clips and wiring loom... also in beige :)

Thanks

I'm in the que too. Got the vanity mirrored units but no loom or electrical clips. I shall be having a word with my good friend Mr Walker in the morning.

I got both the clips and harness from Mercman for 27 inc vat and delivery. He said they have a tub full of the harness' which he sells for 8 gbp, but the shipping is another 8 (I bought my laptop when I lived in Dubai it doesn't have a pound sign..most annoying).

Anyway, star partz have the harness new for 20 gbp.

http://www.starpartz.co.uk/products/123124126201-sunvisor-mirror-lighting-cable-harness.html

The the clips are available on ebay brand new also in any colour.

eBay - The UK's Online Marketplace

The whole thing is very easy to fit, but took longer than I thought as you have to lower the trim piece that holds the dome light in order to fit the harness. The hardest part was refitting the rvm which is a swine to push back into place.

I got both the clips and harness from Mercman for 27 inc vat and delivery. He said they have a tub full of the harness' which he sells for 8 gbp, but the shipping is another 8 (I bought my laptop when I lived in Dubai it doesn't have a pound sign..most annoying).

Anyway, star partz have the harness new for 20 gbp.

http://www.starpartz.co.uk/products/123124126201-sunvisor-mirror-lighting-cable-harness.html

The the clips are available on ebay brand new also in any colour.

x2 Mercedes Benz Sun visor clip W124 230e 300e Cream s2 | eBay

The whole thing is very easy to fit, but took longer than I thought as you have to lower the trim piece that holds the dome light in order to fit the harness. The hardest part was refitting the rvm which is a swine to push back into place.

If you want a laugh, phone the dealer for a price on the harness...157 +vat !!!!!!

The clips used to be £3.50 + VAT from the dealer

Why do you need a harness? Surely you just need a live feed which can probably be picked up at the roof light

Nick Froome

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no clue about the wiring for this so i'll be at someone else's merci here.

That was my original intention, however the design of the sun visor clips is such that the electrical contacts are flush with the top surface of the clip. As the clip screws directly into the metal of the car, I thought is was almost certain to short. The harness is basically a plastic pad with the connections on one side that keeps everything isolated. I'm sure it could be worked around, but for the sake of 20 quid it didn't seem worth the effort.

I didn't check the price of the clips at the dealer, so it's worth calling them to find out.

i should have really made a how to on this when i fitted mines.

but look here to see what the loom looks like:

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/clas...uminated-sun-visor-vanity-mirrors-wiring.html

those were the ones i bought of Neil.

Its dead simple to fit and did it within half hour.

The connection simply plugs into an empty slot in the dome light connector (if my memory serves me right Number 4) depending how you source the loom, you may already have the dome light connection with it, which in my case i did.

I didnt need to use that connection and all i did was unclip the connector block to reveal various pins, I took the pin out needed for the mirrors and simply plugged it into my existing dome light connection, as mentioned in the empty slot. To ground the connection, once you remove the dome light you will see a few already ground wires to the metal roof, just add it on there.

hope this makes sense, it really is a piece of cake.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom