W124 Import Valuation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Habil

Car
1993 W124 E250TD
Hi, I'm in the process of importing a W124 Estate from the EU. HMRC need to a valuation done so they can calculate the import duties. Unfortanly I've so far been unsuccessful in finding anyone that can do this. The merecedes benz club offers a valuation service, but I don't think they have anyone near Aberdeen where the car is.

Does anyone know of a valuer in the Aberdeen area that could do a valuation for me?
Thanks

Hi, I'm in the process of importing a W124 Estate from the EU. HMRC need to a valuation done so they can calculate the import duties. Unfortanly I've so far been unsuccessful in finding anyone that can do this. The merecedes benz club offers a valuation service, but I don't think they have anyone near Aberdeen where the car is.

Does anyone know of a valuer in the Aberdeen area that could do a valuation for me?
Thanks
I was under the impression this was calculated depending on the cost of what you are importing! :confused:

Me too.....classics over 50 years old pay no import duty....and just 5% VAT.

I was under the impression this was calculated depending on the cost of what you are importing! :confused:

Yeah it is, the problem I have is the car has been in the family since 2007 so I need a value put on the car

Me too.....classics over 50 years old pay no import duty....and just 5% VAT.
Isn't it classics over 30 years pay no import duty?

A rusty old heap is £500, a mint e320 petrol in the right colour with factory a/c leather etc is £10k. A running car which is presentable and usable is probably about £3k. It is not such a valuable rare car that HMRC is going to be that interested in as long as the value is sensible. Just get a receipt for £x and present that as the valuation. The other option is to ask the MB owners club, they will charge you about £150 I think.

Not get wbac to do a valuation

it can't be an online valuation unfortunately

Thanks for all the suggestions. I've found someone who can do it, I've put the link below in case it's handy for anyone else in future

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom