W124 infra red remote central locking problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GPH

The W124 estate that I have has two places to open the central locking, via the driver's door and via the tailgate. The engineer who looks after the car does a great job. However, he cannot locate why the remote control via the infra red key no longer works. I even bought a new key (over £100!) which has not fixed it. He has followed the guidelines to "reboot" it to no avail. Mercedes will not help him over the phone. The fuses seem OK and it seems that the circuit is on the same one as the rear interior lights that are also working fine. Could anyone help, please? Is there maybe an inline fuse that he cannot find that is blown for instance? Many thanks.

Where did you buy the new key- was it from MB? If you bought it on E bay then I'm sorry to say you wasted your money. IR keys are coded by MB to the car via your chassis no in Germany. The only way to obtain one is thro your dealer. They should then "synchronise" it to your car FOC. If its a bona fide MB KEY a trawl thro the archives here will give you several ways to synchronise the new key to the lock. try my instructions in post 10 of this thread http://mbclub.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=26218&highlight=synchronising+remote

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom