Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Let me know if you get near Liverpool, W.

Dillon, forgive me for going OT, but as we have a couple of cab fans here, here are a couple of pics from the Berlin Templehof meet. The blue cab in the foreground ordered from new by a female, French newspaper owner, who had friends at MB, and persuaded them to paint the car in a Porsche blue, which really suited the car. Check out the full house of options in the second pic!

cabs-1.jpg

options.jpg

Any one got a code number for the Porsche blue paint:devil::D

So an update to the rattle noise from under my 124 cabrio.. from back in 2011.. yikes..

FIRSTLY, A HUGE THANK YOU TO TERRY DOWN AT WAYNE GATES IN HARROW

So for starters, due to the issues i have had with past indies, i had to twist his arm to focus on my W124 - he finally said yes ;)

anyway, last week, she was taken to Terry and he spent the morning playing around with her...

really was soo difficult, as nothing obvious was causing the noise, everything looked incredible, very tight.. ;)

Anyhow, finally with much elimination, we found one of the engine mounts was rattling.. Random..

I bought 3 new mounts from Milton Keynes, and today we had the work done..

I must say, great great turn around, and at idle, this 124 is sooo damn silent.. like a virgin.. touched for the very first time.. ooh ahhh laa laa

terry1.JPG

terry2.JPG

terry3.JPG

I didnt get any more pictures done sorry, lol

But I am one very happy guy!!

Thank you once again Terry

Last edited:
Rattily engine mounts, well done for finding those!

Look after those guys Boss. :):)

Glad you got it sorted at last. To be fair diagnosing cars is a bit like diagnosing patients. Often the best diagnosis is wait and see. While Terry found the problem he did have the benefit of 3 years of further mount degradation to perhaps make an elusive problem more obvious???

Glad you got it sorted at last. To be fair diagnosing cars is a bit like diagnosing patients. Often the best diagnosis is wait and see. While Terry found the problem he did have the benefit of 3 years of further mount degradation to perhaps make an elusive problem more obvious???

ofcourse, however, the condition of the mounts looked honestly A1.. visually, there was nothing to even suggest it was the culprit, as the noise resonated through out the car, but after soft lifting the engine from the sump, the rattle disappeared.. so hey presto.

Anyway all 3 were changed, happy days :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom