W124 just stopped, but not all bad!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

badshot1uk

Car
1991 300 TE 24V Sportline, 2001 Chipped Picasso 2.0 HDI
Hi all,

I was on my way this morning to do a small job for a friend and thought id take the wifes 300te as it had'nt been driven for a while.
Yesterday the window cleaner couldnt get near our front window and asked if i could move her back a bit and i found out she was dead!
I charged her up overnight and she started 1st thing thismorning.:)

I then got about 2 miles down the road and she started to misfire, she cut out and i managed to get her going again only for her to die again and not want to restart.

The lights were all pretty bright and the battery seemed to be holding up but she just wouldnt have it.

I got her off the road and called the AA, a nice chap arrived not long after and spent best part of an hour but to no avail:(

I thought id try and ring the guy who services her for me and he asked me if she'd been sat a while, i said about 3 weeks and he said, distributer cap may have some moisture in it clean the contacts and all would be well!

The AA man was willing to try anything even though we had a good spark!

Well blow me down if it didnt blinking work, :eek: it took a while but the old girl came back from the dead, me thinking ecus, dead engine stuff etc:confused:

Anyway thanks to Paul evans the merc independant in essex and to the AA man who didnt give up!

Shes back on the battery charger now and all seems well (fingers crossed)

Cheers all

Paul

I'm surprised the AA man didn't try this early on. Something like 90% of all car break downs are electrical and HT related.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom