W124 kick panel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

W124newbie

Car
W124
Looking for a W124 kick panel (also called insulation by MB) on the passenger side, as ours seems to have mysteriously disappeared at some point.

Preferably black though if it's grey it shouldn't make too much difference as you can't see it anyway.

Here's a picture for reference of what's missing:

Img_5256.jpg

Contact retrodave on here. He always has bits for these cars.

sorry, i did not get time, as the car is at my other unit, but will be calling there first tomorrow

Sorry, I've not had any private messages from you? I'll send you one and hopefully we can get the conversation going.

Edit: PM sent. Hopefully you got it.

Last edited:
Hi guys, still looking for this part! When it rains water comes in to the car so would like to try and get it sorted.

Went to Mercedes but the part isn't available any more. I did however walk away with a part number if that helps anybody source me one of these - A1246800817 (COVERING BELOW INSTRUMENT PANEL,LEFT).

It's number 131 on this diagram:

bfe21f462c80f39e5fbb3df82903b099-480x319.gif

Last edited:
Are you sure you're actually missing anything there? My '89 coupe doesn't have one fitted, only one of my '93 saloons has and I suspect it's only there to hold up the Diavia a/c relays.

Last edited:
I'm intrigued that the OP is looking for this part because water keeps coming into the car.

I don't think the insulation would stop that, and it might be sensible to stop the source of the water, instead?

Are you sure you're actually missing anything there? My '89 coupe doesn't have one fitted, only one of my '93 saloons has and I suspect it's only there to hold up the Diavia a/c relays.

I'm pretty sure there should be something there - as you can see in the picture on my first post it's just exposed bodywork when you look at it. I doubt it should be like that by design! It also looks like there's grooves where something clips in.

I'm intrigued that the OP is looking for this part because water keeps coming into the car.

I don't think the insulation would stop that, and it might be sensible to stop the source of the water, instead?

Yes I think I put 2 & 2 together and got 5. When I first noticed water coming in, I looked for the source and noticed the panel was missing. Hence thought it was because of that. But the guy at Mercedes put me right and said it's either a drain tube or seal that needs looking at.

No way will this part stop water, you need to find the place its getting in ..Check vents under front window if it as aircon look at the drain tube .

Will do when the weather is a bit better!

Still would be nice to have that panel though knowing that it's not there. Even though nobody can see it.

Last edited:
I've just checked on my W124 and there is no sign of any panel there, nor can I find a specific part on the MB electronic parts catalogue. If it's out of sight it's normally out of MB's mind.

My suspicion is that the windscreen scuttle drains are blocked. A two minute job to check and clear. Lift bonnet to the vertical position. Look down into both corners where the scuttle meets the wing. Remove any debris. Have a poke around and locate drain hole/tube and blow out with an air line. Or. Using a garden hose or bucket of water, pour the water into the scuttle at the corners. If it does not immediately drain the water from the corners? Your scuttles drains are blocked. If they are blocked then you will very quickly rot the bulkhead out the car as well as the floor as water collects under the carpets.

I'm pretty sure there should be something there - as you can see in the picture on my first post it's just exposed bodywork when you look at it. I doubt it should be like that by design! It also looks like there's grooves where something clips in.

Good luck with your search. Below picture is from my '89 coupe. Doesn't look so different from yours.

Attachments

• IMG_20170113_151946.jpg
    IMG_20170113_151946.jpg
    236.7 KB · Views: 9

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom