W124 leaking Auto fluid Part identity?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

smeeeee

Car
W210 cdi estate
Hi All,

Well, after a year of relatively trouble free motoring I guess I was due a fault.

Car is a W124 E300 Diesel Estate Auto.

Bit of a tricky one for me as well, I've sprung a leak from what I believe is an Auto Transmission Cooling pipe (since my transmission fluid levels have dropped dramatically and the gearbox has gone screwey!) but I can't find anywhere that I can identify part numbers.

Do I need to have part numbers for Mercedes Dealers to order parts or can I point at things on their screen? Anyone have any idea whether I'm even looking in the right direction.

Thanks in advance (piks below).

Regards, Smeeeee

Picture viewpoint is from underside, front left of car.

small one;

leakie_2.jpg

big one;

http://www.gerada.co.uk/temp/leakie_1.jpg

Item 30 of the second piccie down on this page looks like a possibility - but, better to check it out with the partsman at the MB dealer.

http://www.detali.ru/cat/oem_mb2.as...M=717.433&CT=GA&cat=09S&SID=27&SGR=180&SGN=08

If it's anything like mine, the pipe has been sitting against the upper surface of the engine undertray, rubbing and rusting. Not a great piece of engineering IMO - it would have been so easy to allow the pipe to have some clearance.

wow

Thanks Number Cruncher and Grober,

That was really quick!!

I think I'm looking at PN 30 from Mr Crunchers linkie.

Thanks again.

Hi
I bought one last year MB Harrogate had it in stock

Phil

>>MB Harrogate had it in stock

That speaks volumes Phil.

Mine isn't leaking at the moment, but it is quite rusty - I might replace it pre-emptively rather than suffer a breakdown. Was it an expensive part?

Last edited:
The pipe's about £42 from the dealer. I've replaced a few. It's in a bad location to try and stay rust-free

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

my experience so far

I haven't fitted the part yet but I ordered it from the dealers today, 45 quid inc VAT, but I thought I'd mention that there are two different parts for the E300 diesel, depending on whether you have aircon or not.

In my case, I have aircon but it's a dealer aftermarket fitment so I've ordered the one for no aircon, as apparently the radiator is bigger on the factory fit aircon unit and so the pipe is different.

My aircon has a separate radiator so I thought it prudent to get the normal part (MA124 270 70 96).

Thanks for the help with the PNs chaps.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom