W124 Locks in this Masquerade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That’s the hole closest to the spring, have you lost the roll pin? You should now be able to take it to pieces.

The link below deals with an ignition lock and a door lock, a lot different to your lock however it will give you an insight into how the work, wear, and how to deal with the wear of a locks leavers.
W202 Ignition key won’t turn past 1 or 2 - Mercedes-Benz Owners' Forums

Dec

Thank you for the link Dec, Mr haynes instructed me on how to remove the lock etc, I was careful, and the first thing i noticed when I removed it, that there was no pin, and that when I started to think that it had been tampered with before, and doubting the possibility if solving this alone. I shall take heed of the info on the above link, I'll have some pics later in the week of the progress.

looking at the diagram on the link that is hugely illustrative, i think it was the pivoting rivet that I was talking about, which i had thought had a roll pin within.

The pivot rivet in the link is not removed as it is a different lock for a W202, however there does seem to be a roll pin to the right of the spring in your lock, once its removed it should all come apart, then sanded, cleaned, greased and reassembled it should work as good as new…PROVIDED that the fault is indeed wear of the lock and NOT a mismatched lock and key.

Dec

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom