W124 m102.963.Missfire,poor acceleration,high gas consumption, high idle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Firas88

Car
W124 2.0 petrol m102.963
Hello everybody.I have a w124 m102.963 engine
I have a big problem with the car.So every time I press the acceleration instantly the car wants to die and it makes it sound like a misfire.In idle you can feel sometimes in the car the misfire(a really slight interuption almost not noticeable.I have high idles 2000rpm very often..And the smell of gas is a lot coming from the car.
I have checked the ivc its all working
Throttle body doesnt have the continuity on pins 1-3 (which are for idle so no bip on the multimeter)
I have changed:
Fuel pump
Ovp relay
All filters
Spark plugs(plus the wires that go in to that i dont know the name right now..)
The rotor is new
Fuel pressure regulator
O2 sensor seems new i have only one pre CAT
I messed with the senzor plate Allen screw and and I put it back using a duty cycle multimeter(the car had problems before messing with the screw).Please help i am hoping to fix it...I suspect the injectors and i think the ezl (not sure about this one)I cant think of anything else.Help!I can send a video on wapp or fb of the symptoms.

I have a similar issue with 1990 230TE but not the high idling speed. My engineer found all sort of problems with vacuum pipe failures and has it running reliably but still too rich. Waiting for a replacement check valve. Mercedes no longer supply the parts (shame on them) so secondhand is the only option, Try checking all vacuum pipes.

Have you checked the resistance of the temperature sensors. If it's like the Bosch Ke system on my 190e there are two sensors one supplies a signal to the ECU to control cold running enrichment and the other to the coolant temperature gauge. You could disconnect them both and compare resistance values. At one time I would have been able to tell you what they should be but if they are both the same then they are unlikely to be faulty.

Also check the cold start injector is not running the whole time. You can just disconnect it temporarily to see if it makes any difference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom