W124 Manifold to Downpipe Seal ? ( 4Cyl )

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tjamesbo

Car
CLK430 ,Vito V6 sport ,Jaguar 2.5 X type ,W124's 1993 220TE , 1994 320TE ,Mastercraft X5
This weekend on the 220TE the new Cat is being removed and tweaked to relieve a foul on one of the Steering Column Bolts Before re attaching it to the manifold ( two bolts into a welded threaded nut on the manifold ) I was wondering whether there should be any kind of sealing ring between the two ie manifold to downpipe Not sure how to access the EPC to check ??? there didnt appear to be anything when the original downpipe to the cat was removed but as its done 227K any sealing ring could have disintegrated / corroded been burnt away.
as its precat I cant put any sealant on the joint either?

Unfortunately the Cat was cheap from ECP, on offer at the time( at only £122 ), but the lesson learned is never buy something because its cheap 6mths before you need to use it, as it aint returnable under terms and conditions by then, needless to say I'm now paying the price
There are also issues at the other end where the two pipes Join There is no flange on the new Cat to pull the two pipes together where one slides into the other with the "external " sintered type donut / collar so I will have to devise something there
Boyd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom