W124 - Merc Star ripped off

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

phoenix_nights

Car
94 E200 T
The day had to come i suppose. My Merc bonnet star (what do you call it..the gun sight thingy on the bonnet) was ripped off last night. Put in such a bad bloody mood.

So whats the story about getting it replaced. I guess i can pick up one from the scrappers but does it have to be a facelift w124 star. Whats involved in replacing it ?

phoenix_nights said:
The day had to come i suppose.

I feel for you and can understand your anger. Are you confident that the new one will not go the same way?

It is fashionable to criticise dealerships, but have you made enquiries abot the cost of this 'attractive' item?

There is a very recent link about a similar incident.

Good luck with your decision,
John

About £20 from dealer? I think but its been a while since I bought one. Simple twist n lock sprung mechanism. Use a good narrow nose pliers. You see how it works when you remove the old one. If you get a friendly MB parts guy he will show you.

Got one off ebay for about £12. Real Merc part as well. Worth a look. They are easy to fit with a pair of pliers. When you get the new one it will be obvious how they fit!

funny that, the trend must be starting over again as I saw 3 MB`s with broken stars on the way into work, whilst i was on the bus for 5 mins!!

ECP sell them for 10.00. Very easy to fit. Have had to replace them twice, though I couldn't tell the difference between original or replacement!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom