w124 mono wiper maintenance

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DITTRICH

MB Enthusiast
Car
S205 C200SE & W202 C230K
There comes a point when the blade starts to sweep in jerky movements. It can take years to get tp this stage, but you must act immmediately. I am lucky enought to own a facelift 1994 type monowiper which has a of plastic trim which can be removed pretty easily in order to expose the "piston" which extends the arm into the corners of the windscreen. Next get that tub of vaseline you have in the bathroom and simply smear some of it on the piston (the one attached to the monowiper!) not too much. You will find that the monowiper now moves smoothly and easily. Pop the bit of plastic trim back in (plenty of photos on the net of what it looks like and how to remove it). And that is it. Saves you finding a second hand monowiper of an f-ing expensive one from the dealers. Regular maintenance reduces the strain on the wiper motor and the gears. I last did this 5 years ago and had forgotten how to do the fix, but the internet is a wonderful thing. Still the same monowiper and motor at 258k miles.

Halfords 50% off rear wiper if you buy the front wipers too.
But Sir, you haven't got a full set!
Yes I have - one at either end.
Please apply the discount!
And they did!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom