W124 Multi Function Relay Buzzing/Vibrating

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shaunk_22

Car
Mercedes 230CE & Seat Toledo V5
Yesterday, when driving to work, I noticed that my indicators and horn werent working. I took apart the fusebox lid and had a look at the multi function relay. Everything seemed fine, so I was slightly confused as I had only replaced the multi function relay 3 weeks ago. So this morning I replaced the fuse, then when I started the car, the multi function relay started buzzing and vibrating, but the indicators and horn worked. I then changed the multin function relay over for an old spare I had lying around. It still vibrated, so I had a look at the owner manual and found out later on that both my brake lights werent working either, so replaced both bulbs and its still not working. So up until now I can only assume that its the multi function relay at fault, again, and that 1 of the 3 relay parts inide it has broken because the wipers, headlights and door buzzer all work fine, its only the indicators, brake lights, and horn. One last thing, when I engage the indicator with the relay fitted back onto the car, the indicator comes on and the buzzing/vibrating stops until I cancel the signal and it buzzes again. Any help would be appreciated because the sooner I get it sorted the sooner I can get to work and back safely.

I had the same issue but with the brake lights, constant buzzing and vibrating unless I depress the brake pedal. It turned out to be a bad earth connection to the multi function relay.

Hi
Did you solve this issue ?
I have the same problem and looking for answers
Thanks

Jra you opened an old post . After 10 years do you think that the poster will talk to you ? . Start your own new post for better results .​

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom