W124 Mushroom Passenger front door trim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SilverSaloon

MB Enthusiast
Car
1994 W124 E300D Estate, 1985 R107 280SL
Hi

I am in the process of replacing my interior door cards with newer ones.

When i got the car the only thing letting it down was cut marks on the tops of each door card.

My 1st thought was to get a chips-away style guy to repair but i've since managed to get a set of mushroom door cards with leather inserts.

only downside is that the front passenger side is just as bad as my current one.

so i still need a mushroom door card - not bothered if its from cloth, leather or mb-tex interior as i plan on only using the main vynl bit and making 1 good card from several.

PM me if you have one for sale!!

TIA

Derek

FYI, the construction of the door car for a leather interior is different to that for a cloth interior

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

FYI, the construction of the door car for a leather interior is different to that for a cloth interior

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

yeah i know. it appears the leather 'clips' over the edge of the door card. i have a leather set so plan on using the leatehr insert. if i cut the cloth away, then i am assuming that the leather insert will clip in the same place on the new doorcard?

The clips won't be present on a doorcard for a car with cloth. The springy bit of the clip is available from MB for 81p (I know - I bought the last one in the country) but the rest of it is attached to the card, IIRC. If the clips are on the insert only you may be OK

Has the card got the correct cutout & wood size for electric seats if your car has them?

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

The clips won't be present on a doorcard for a car with cloth. The springy bit of the clip is available from MB for 81p (I know - I bought the last one in the country) but the rest of it is attached to the card, IIRC. If the clips are on the insert only you may be OK

Has the card got the correct cutout & wood size for electric seats if your car has them?

Nick Froome
www.w124.co.uk

i plan on re-using my existing wood and all bits of trim that i can. i have all the clips.

i assumed that the card itself is the same between electric and non-electric seats? i hope so!!

i assumed that the card itself is the same between electric and non-electric seats? i hope so!!

The non electric door card will have the cut out marked at the back, If your careful you can cut it out.

i plan on re-using my existing wood and all bits of trim that i can. i have all the clips.

I've done that in the past to make up door cards, if you cut out the cloth bit, the leather piece fits ok.

yes i've taken a look and there is indeed a cut out bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom