W124 - My Journey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
wings are off!

Attachments

• 20062011801.jpg
    20062011801.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 282
rear spolier took a while to get it off, which needed to be done due to some dents and ripples it had on the boot.

Attachments

• 20062011802.jpg
    20062011802.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 273
thats all for the moment, will be going there over the weekend to see how they are getting on. will post some more when i have some

great thread, keep the pics coming. I like original wheels out of the 3 types pictured. I noticed the red piping on the leather, nice touch. If you change the paint colour you may have to change the piping to match.

great thread, keep the pics coming. I like original wheels out of the 3 types pictured. I noticed the red piping on the leather, nice touch. If you change the paint colour you may have to change the piping to match.

keeping the colour the same, well going with a slightly darker red/marron code 572 i think it is. So the piping will still match

Can I ask what happened to the first alloys?

Interesting thread - thanks. I'm afraid I don't like any of the wheels though. Sorry!

L.F.

Nice thread-- Are you replacing the the front wings or repairing them. If you are replacing them some info on the replacement wings would be useful? First or third set of wheels are fine as they look contemporary with the car. The second set are a definite no no.

Last edited:
What's that plastic container inside the front guard....?

Nice thread-- Are you replacing the the front wings or repairing them. If you are replacing them some info on the replacement wings would be useful? First or third set of wheels are fine as they look contemporary with the car. The second set are a definite no no.
we manage to save the drivers side, but the passenger one is beyond repair. at the moment a patterned one is on and being aligned, but we are still holding out for an original one if we can

its been a busy weekend, and i only managed to get to see the car last night, as mentioned above just waiting for an origianl wing if we can. the car doors, boot and bonnet have all started to be primed and ready for paint. he is away for the weekend and hopes to have all the door, boot, and bonnet shuts done before he goes (thursday) and full body spray on Monday. Again told him not to rush it to much hopefully have it back next weekend

hi, great thread and nice car.

may i ask you (or indeed anyone else who is reading this thread) how you intend to prime any bare metal? if you have any that is.

are you etch priming and then undercoating? or just using a bare metal primer? or another approach?

on my N/S sill, i have a small patch of bare metal now that the cladding and flaky paint has been removed and i need enlightenment.

Regards.

hi, great thread and nice car.

may i ask you (or indeed anyone else who is reading this thread) how you intend to prime any bare metal? if you have any that is.

are you etch priming and then undercoating? or just using a bare metal primer? or another approach?

on my N/S sill, i have a small patch of bare metal now that the cladding and flaky paint has been removed and i need enlightenment.

Regards.
Hi Rigel, sorry but i would have to ask the guy that is painting mine. he did mention it but i cant remember 100% to add to the post :dk:,

my sprayer is away this weekend and we are hoping when he gets back for Monday he can start the full body spray, i did take a couple of picture while i was there which i will attach below. we have been holding out for an original wing to come through but with no luck, so i might just push ahead with a patterened one

Attachments

• 05072011839.jpg
    05072011839.jpg
    178.5 KB · Views: 178

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom