W124 - no fog lights working

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cleggmeister

Car
1990 W124 200E
Hi chums,

I'm away from the owner manual just now and wondered if anyone can suggest a remedy. None of the fog lights are working on my W124 200E. They all worked fine a couple of weeks ago and it strikes me as strange that all should fail so I'm guessing a fuse or the switch. The "bulb failure" light is not lit on the dashboard, and pulling the switch to activate the fog lights does not illuminate the switch light either.

Any idea which fuse I should look for (assuming it's a separate fuse for the fog lights) or how to get the switch out?

Many thanks in advance!

Cleggy and his otherwise trusty 124...

Perhaps wash the car as well ? :)

I would recommend replacing all the fuses with copper bodied ones, it definitely reduced the number of electrical niggles on both myW124s...

I would recommend replacing all the fuses with copper bodied ones, it definitely reduced the number of electrical niggles on both myW124s...

Thanks Balge, venturing into the fusebox was interesting as I've only ever come across the "blade" type of automotive fuses. Didn't know what to make of what I found in there! Modern life is rubbish and all that...

Will pay a visit to my friendly local independent motor store over the weekend and acquire a stash as you recommend.

Might wash the old fella this weekend too ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom